[VOOM] Good bye to Voom!

S

slater05@yahoo.com

Original poster
Hey all I left Voom. Voom was nice but DirecTV gave a better deal
and I'll be paying almost the same but for more channels. I hope
Voom works out for the rest of you guys.

Slater

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~-->
$9.95 domain names from Yahoo!. Register anything.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/EyMolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/VOOM/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
VOOM-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

You say that You pay the same for DirectTV? Since HDTV is like what 5 times the pixel count of SD TV, I'd say you are getting a lot less pixels per penny (PPP) for your money with DTV than with Voom.

Way to support the Standard Definition RevolutioN!

LOL... Guess High Def programming is not important to him, guess having a lower cable bill with bunch more low grade SD channels is.. Sounds like a great deal to me if i didn't have a HIGH DEF TV or Voom wasn't around... Both are not the case though so i wouldn't switch to Direct even if they gave me years of free programming... Nothing comes close to Voom and their High Def lineup and nothing will ever...

Bet he doesn't reset his box every few hours or have rain fade in a little shower or get billed double maybe triple. Bet he does get his locals with a PG. Bet he does get some good HD content.

rkr0923 said:
Bet he doesn't reset his box every few hours or have rain fade in a little shower or get billed double maybe triple. Bet he does get his locals with a PG. Bet he does get some good HD content.
Thank you for that excellent observation! Your in-depth knowledge and keen insight into these areas are valuable contributions to us all. Again, thank you so very much!

riffjim4069 said:
Thank you for that excellent observation! Your in-depth knowledge and keen insight into these areas are valuable contributions to us all. Again, thank you so very much!

The truth hurts sometimes doesn't it.

rkr0923 said:

D* and E* have rain fade problems, Voom will upgrade everyone to the 36" elliptical dish, can you say bye-bye rain fade? I guess for those that have lots of rain in the area Voom upgrades you to a bigger dish anyway...

I get all my locals in my PG, the ones I don't I email Sean Mota, one of Voom's next upgrades is Dynamic DMA nonsense.

People who got billed double was for a reason, they weren't billed in June.

Still the most HD programming anywhere, not just 8-9 channels let's talke 36, and those with Fox Sports Florida HD :rolleyes: , 37!

of those 37 how much is True HD
how many are current up to date movies....not BW from the 50's
American dubbed over Chinese
I'd rather watch paint dry than those So Called HD channels you people say are so Great. Just because it's HD doesn't make it worth watching. The hand full of HD I get is much better than that bucket full (with a hole in it) you get

rkr0923 said:
I'd rather watch paint dry than those So Called HD channels you people say are so Great. Just because it's HD doesn't make it worth watching. The hand full of HD I get is much better than that bucket full (with a hole in it) you get

What are you still doing here and complaining about them? Go and enjoy your 6-7 channels and let us enjoy our 42 HD channels. Be happy and move on...

rkr0923 said:

What are you talkin' about, that 1/3 of HD content you get are the same channels we are getting also. If you don't like Voom's line up then start your own DBS company and add the Paint Drying HD channel. Enjoy your 6 or 8 HD channels and go on over to the DTV or Dishnetwork forum and bitch because they aren't adding anymore HD channels.

I hate to break it to you but any film is really SD wide screen. Film is a chemical medium and not digital. An HD transfer will make it as good as it will look in the theater but not as good as original material shot in HD digital. HD doesn't even mean color so that Black & White, the medium the director and studio choose for creative reasons or cost, is still HD. RKR0923, you really need a primer on what HD is and is not. Actually, enjoy the older films because is HD I am discovering them again as I saw them in the theater. The only thing I wish is that all of them were in OAR and not made to artificially fit the 16X9 screen. But I don't think VOOM had a choice and it may be the way the material was provided. I have been a critic of VOOM PQ but even I see that they have made substantial improvements. I have decided to stick with VOOM for whatever may happen. If I want the premiums I can subscribe. I choose not to and see them over and over again. I will use by Blockbuster free card and rent the ones I want.

Anyone care to join me?

gutter said:
I hate to break it to you but any film is really SD wide screen. Film is a chemical medium and not digital. An HD transfer will make it as good as it will look in the theater but not as good as original material shot in HD digital. HD doesn't even mean color so that Black & White, the medium the director and studio choose for creative reasons or cost, is still HD. RKR0923, you really need a primer on what HD is and is not. Actually, enjoy the older films because is HD I am discovering them again as I saw them in the theater. The only thing I wish is that all of them were in OAR and not made to artificially fit the 16X9 screen. But I don't think VOOM had a choice and it may be the way the material was provided. I have been a critic of VOOM PQ but even I see that they have made substantial improvements. I have decided to stick with VOOM for whatever may happen. If I want the premiums I can subscribe. I choose not to and see them over and over again. I will use by Blockbuster free card and rent the ones I want.

Anyone care to join me?
If D* offers me 9 HD premiums, BravoHD, TNTHD etc. I will seriously consider it. If D* also managed to land INHD1 and 2 I would run back. I think if they had the HDnets and INHD's and offered everything Voom does except the voom exclusives it would be over for Voom. Fat lady singing, turn out the lights and all that.

Sean Mota said:
What are you still doing here and complaining about them? Go and enjoy your 6-7 channels and let us enjoy our 42 HD channels. Be happy and move on...
Thank you, Sean. I saw his post and thought the same thing.

The only thing I miss is TNTHD which will be coming in due time.
I did watch SCCA TransAM road race from Denver....in HD
can you see that on Voom
I don't think so

TransAM road race is some bigger than the Super Bowl event I missed on HD? bhahahaha... Voom just added RSN in my area with a seperate FSN-FL-HD. That matters more to me that starting at mullets in HD. DirectTV could easily toss out 20 SD channels and secure a deal on some more HD channels, they don't want to, they don't want to spend money on HD and would prefer to see it die out. Why do you think they make you buy the HD box? They make money on SD and could keep adding more SD if it weren't for the nagging few who want HD.

Voom has a different perception, those that want HD aren't the nagging few, they are the cream of the crop... See it's a matter of perception, and I perceive that some of you have spent too many long lonely nights fondling your DirectTV dish to carry unbiased opinions.