voom has a new promotion

sprintcarcrazy said:
I just contacted them back, they said for some reason, I never got entered into their system for an install, hence my contract was void so they signed me up for the 2 months free. Also said they had a bunch of new channels coming, Discover Home HD, Science Channel, National Geographics, CMT, GAC, Fox Movies, all in HD.

ALso stated they had just hired 60 new CSR's.
Right now, I'll settle for the INHDs and perhaps ESPN2-HD since, at least the former, actually broadcasts an HD stream. As far as the CSRs...perhaps they should hire another 60 TYORKs instead!

If VOOM wants to increase their subscriber base 10 fold then maintain the existing promotion, allow self-installs and release the HD DVR.

Note: For those of you with Randy's question VOOM is compatible with Tivo. Better 40 HD with Tivo than 9 with Cable DVR.

jahartman said:
whats up everybody,new to the form and voom. wish I would have waited three days, singed up fri and will have my install in two weeks. CANT WAIT!!!!

Welcome! Enjoy your Voom!

Scott Greczkowski said:
Sound and Vision Magazine is my favorite magazine! I look forward to it every month (and hate it when they take their winter break so you dont get an issue for 2 months) :)

I have actually be thinking of advertising SatelliteGuys in S&V. :D

Scott, I'm a long time member over at S&V forum. I'm linking to this forum alot. There are three threads...VOOM News, DirecTV News, & E* (DISH) News (in Video). I try to keep each caught up.
I've also got everyone to know what D* & E* stands for... ;)

Barney

The offer still expires March 1st. So it's iffy whether this will continue or not. This has probably been there best promotion marketing, but obviously the most expensive SAC wise.

I feel voom will pull ahead of "ALL" the others, once their DVR comes thru. Maybe even without the recorder. My cable has a hd dvr but cable is still more than satellite (for the works) and still so few hd channels offered. I was just looking over at D* and their hd offer (new customers) is really awful. Even less hd channels than cable (can you believe that!), and massive up front cost. That hd D* tivo is still nears $1000! Then I was over at E*. Pretty much the same thing. Poor hd selection and hundreds of $$$ for their hd dvr. Even without the dvr and without considering hd programming, voom gives more and costs less than all the rest. And if you do have a hd tv, no contest! For vooms $89 you get tons more premium channels PLUS those voom-theme movie channels.

its't eh same $5 per receiver fee as the previous promo (the promo is still the same actually) all they did was add the 2 months of vavavoom for voom price and sub to the magazine in it.

riffjim4069 said:
Right now, I'll settle for the INHDs and perhaps ESPN2-HD since, at least the former, actually broadcasts an HD stream. As far as the CSRs...perhaps they should hire another 60 TYORKs instead!

If VOOM wants to increase their subscriber base 10 fold then maintain the existing promotion, allow self-installs and release the HD DVR.

Thanks riffjim4069 for the good word. (THINK I NEED A RAISE) (LOL)

hey i am a current voomer and i just upgraded for 2 months for free its fo real people

So are you saying they gave you the two months in exchange for upgrading from Voom to VaVa Voom. If so, will be interesting to see if others can get the same deal.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Sound and Vision Magazine is my favorite magazine! I look forward to it every month (and hate it when they take their winter break so you dont get an issue for 2 months) :)

I have actually be thinking of advertising SatelliteGuys in S&V. :D

Might as well. You're spamming newsgroups as it is now.

jahartman said:
whats up everybody,new to the form and voom. wish I would have waited three days, singed up fri and will have my install in two weeks. CANT WAIT!!!!

jahartman,
I signed up about a month ago and have my install scheduled for tomorrow (2/23); I called VOOM today and requested the "new" promotion and they gave me the 2 free months of VaVaVoom (upgrade) without any problems. I'd give them a call and request the new promotion. It worked for me and will save me $80.00. Good luck...

VaVaVoom offer

:) I have been a Voomer for 5 months, called earlier today and got the 2 month deal. Had to commit for 6 months. I LOVE VOOM!!!! Oh and rep said NEW HD CHANNELS, DVR comming March but couldnt go into specifics for legal reasons.

Alexvmr said:
:) I have been a Voomer for 5 months, called earlier today and got the 2 month deal. Had to commit for 6 months. I LOVE VOOM!!!! Oh and rep said NEW HD CHANNELS, DVR comming March but couldnt go into specifics for legal reasons.
I reinstalled Va Va VOOM 2 months ago under the $1/6mo. offer because I needed additional receivers. VOOM credited my account and is sending me S&V! Anyway, it never hurts to ask.

kikojax said:
jahartman,
I signed up about a month ago and have my install scheduled for tomorrow (2/23); I called VOOM today and requested the "new" promotion and they gave me the 2 free months of VaVaVoom (upgrade) without any problems. I'd give them a call and request the new promotion. It worked for me and will :D save me $80.00. Good luck...
kikojax,will give voom a call today, as you said $80 bucks is $80 bucks !!! Thanks Alot Joe

randym431 said:
That promo sounds great, but its still missing the words (including our HD pvr). Till then I must stick with cable. They rent me a HD dvr for $5 a month. Not wonderful, but better than none at all. The magic words for voom...HD DVR!
I have to agree about the PVR... Talking to Voom CSR they still are saying not till June or later!!!!!!!!!!!!! That will make a year has passed since they had promised US SUBS a PVR what is going on with this?????

V* HD-DVR not till June

I sent a question over to V* yesterday asking about their HD-DVR and this is what they replied back with:

Thank you for choosing VOOM - HDTV Delivered!

We are actively working on and testing our HD-DVR, and we expect to release it in the first half of 2005. However, its exact release date and pricing have not been set at this time. The VOOM HD-DVR will be able to record in both high definition and standard definition. It will also have multiple tuners, allowing you to record a program while watching a live program or one that you’ve previously recorded!

In the mean time, there are several commercially available, VOOM-compatible alternatives to record your favorite programs. TiVo and other commercially available DVR's are compatible with VOOM and can be used to record your favorite standard definition programming. If you are interested in recording high definition programming, a D-VHS machine will allow you to do so. However, D-VHS does not provide the full functionality of a DVR.

Thank you for your interest in VOOM. If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to e-mail us. When you are ready to get VOOM in your home, please give us a call at 1-866-931-VOOM.
Danny D
VOOM Sales Representative

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)