VOOM HD channels coming to Cablevision

cableguy79

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 17, 2006
the bethpage corporate headquarters has them in their offices for beta testing.....should be coming soon, i think their holding it as an ace in their pocket.

We heard months ago that the channels were in the Corporate offices, so I wouldn't get too excited yet.

If they do add them my guess is switched video would need to be used to put them on. Since they are now rolling out the international channels using switched video I would say early next year for VOOM.

As RemyM said, we had heard CV had them in the corporate office months ago, yet nothing on any of the systems. Maybe as switched video takes hold they'll add them, but I am not holding my breath expecting CV to add them anytime soon. Hell, we still don't get Discovery HD, I think we are the only MSO not to have that channel, it's nuts.

Maybe this explains why INHD is possibly coming to Dish also, since Dish is the distributor for Voom and doesn't Cablevision own a large part of INHD?

From what I remember Cablevision had them (the VOOM Channels) at their HQ when VOOM was still a Satellite Company.

Last edited:
sampatterson said:
Maybe this explains why INHD is possibly coming to Dish also, since Dish is the distributor for Voom and doesn't Cablevision own a large part of INHD?

Cablevision owns no part of INHD. It's owned by Comcast, Time Warner and Cox.

After being a D* subscriber for 6 years I swithched back to CV because the D* PQ was awful and although I would love to have VOOM, HDnet & Discovery but not at the cost of the PQ

I wouldn't get worked up, as somebody mentioned, the boxes in Bethpage have been showing the Voom channels in the program guide for months now. I don't see them going active anytime soon.

The best part about Voom was that they had 2 giant Samsung TVs in the Voom office that had every service imaginable. I must have watched Shaolin Soccer a million times on Guy TV (I think that was the channel).

brad1138 said:
I thought Voom was now owned by/part of E*. Why in the world would they supply Voom to there competition?

Yes E* owns 20% and Cablevision own the remaining 80%

Unfortunately FIOS will never get a chance to carry the VOOM channels as CVC will try everything they can to slow competition.