VOOM HD Networks Rolls Out New VOD Offerings

psychicmind

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 8, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Doesn't look like Voom International is going away anytime soon.

---------------

NEW YORK, June 11: VOOM HD Networks has launched two VOD offerings to complement its 24/7 linear VOOM HD and RUSH HD channels, which are distributed internationally.

The new VOD services will provide cable and satellite operators who carry VOOM HD and RUSH HD with five monthly hours of VOD programming for each channel. Featuring an exclusive collection of high-definition lifestyle programming on adventure travel, fashion, luxury living, art, live concerts and video gaming, the VOOM HD channel is available in Europe and Asia through various operators. RUSH HD, which recently made its international debut as part of Sky’s HD channel lineup and is available in the U.K. and Ireland, is devoted to extreme sports and adrenaline-filled travel. The new VOD offerings will feature signature programming such as Metro BMX Jam: The Road to Singapore, Wings Over Antarctica and the series Nomads.

“VOD is a fantastic complement to linear television,” said Glenn Oakley, VOOM HD Networks’ senior VP of global operations and business development. “It not only satisfies the appetites of viewers, who are often motivated to seek out more of what they enjoy most, but it also helps fill the void of HD VOD programming. This was a natural progression for us as we build our global distribution offerings.”

—By Irene Lew

World Screen - Home

I didn't like Voom when it was part of my package.

I sure as heck won't be paying for them. :rolleyes:

I don't pay for any VOD anywhere ever. You want to talk about wasted bandwidth, that's it right there. But I'd rather have the Voom channels.

So rather than waiting 2 hours, you can watching it right then and there.. they are going to offer 5 hours of content per channel (what's like the 75% of their content?).. at least that would be a more logical method of bring them back.. put all 80 hours of their content on VOD and let people get it when they want it rather than taking up 15 channels..

dish is what sucks! They treat their top tier customers like crap. Go to Directv it is cheaper and they have more HD and better customer service! dish never marketed nor tried to use the great Voom HD channels to their benefit and I hope dish looses their lawsuits with Voom and Tivo as they are the ones whome really suck!

Maybe we will see the Voom on Demand on DirecTV?

for just about every channel on DirecTV they have an Ondemand channel like cable. DirecTVs on demand is listed has beta right now but there are over 2,000 shows on it.

You never know . . .

Since you asked........I care.

Let me ask a question, if you don't care why are you reading and posting in a voom thread?

I Care!!!! While we are on the topic, I would appreciate Dish restoring Voom in some manor.

Oh, I dont care for WFN..But if some people like it, its there for your enjoyment.

Doesn't look like Voom International is going away anytime soon.

---------------

NEW YORK, June 11: VOOM HD Networks has launched two VOD offerings to complement its 24/7 linear VOOM HD and RUSH HD channels, which are distributed internationally.

The new VOD services will provide cable and satellite operators who carry VOOM HD and RUSH HD with five monthly hours of VOD programming for each channel. Featuring an exclusive collection of high-definition lifestyle programming on adventure travel, fashion, luxury living, art, live concerts and video gaming, the VOOM HD channel is available in Europe and Asia through various operators. RUSH HD, which recently made its international debut as part of Sky’s HD channel lineup and is available in the U.K. and Ireland, is devoted to extreme sports and adrenaline-filled travel. The new VOD offerings will feature signature programming such as Metro BMX Jam: The Road to Singapore, Wings Over Antarctica and the series Nomads.

“VOD is a fantastic complement to linear television,” said Glenn Oakley, VOOM HD Networks’ senior VP of global operations and business development. “It not only satisfies the appetites of viewers, who are often motivated to seek out more of what they enjoy most, but it also helps fill the void of HD VOD programming. This was a natural progression for us as we build our global distribution offerings.”

—By Irene Lew

World Screen - Home

i don't see how this will save them. who else are they with besides cable vision who hasn't renewed their contract? if that's it who will take advantage of their vod?

i don't see how this will save them. who else are they with besides cable vision who hasn't renewed their contract? if that's it who will take advantage of their vod?

Voom INTERNATIONAL - hardly dead, only in the US if Cablevision does not renew.

Voom has been a part of Dish Network for several years. It might take a few more weeks/months for Voomers to move this discussion out of a Dish Network Forum. We have only had a few weeks to adjust and this forum is our only source of information.

Dish subscribers are still upset about Voom, many are still deciding if they wish to stay with Dish, and all the "get over it" is not productive. For some of us, getting over it might mean switching, but I personally would like to see if Charlie pulls a magic rabbit out of his hat first and make sure the next satellite launch is successful and gives coverage to Hawaii. Lots of things to consider.

Voom haters will have to be patient while the Voom issue leaves this board.

AND, Voom haters DO NOT NEED TO CLICK ON VOOM TITLED THREADS!

AND, as a voomer, I will not (and have not) hijack threads that DO NOT HAVE VOOM IN THE TITLE! I would also encourage other voomers NOT TO HIJACK NON-VOOM THREADS TOO!

AND, as a voomer, I will not (and have not) hijack threads that DO NOT HAVE VOOM IN THE TITLE! I would also encourage other voomers NOT TO HIJACK NON-VOOM THREADS TOO!
I applaud you for that. :up

Now if a couple of your brethren would only do the same. They get pounded on and I believe rightly so. Not because they a Voomers, but because they are embarrassing themselves and have become ingratiating from they're repetitiveness's. They are not doing their cause any favors, in fact they are achieving the opposite. These two or three folk you DO NOT want as your Voom Poster Children. This has been sitting on my chest for a while. Just getting if off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts