VOOM HD Networks Rolls Out New VOD Offerings

Since you asked........I care.

Let me ask a question, if you don't care why are you reading and posting in a voom thread?

Since you asked, cuz I can. I laugh everytime I read the Voom threads, people won't let anything go, its very entertaining to read these threads on the same subject, someone should start a website, www.wheresvoom.com;)

Moved thread...

now enough of the voom bashing; some of you love and miss it; some of you hate it; fine. Everybody gets the picture.

I applaud you for that. :up

Now if a couple of your brethren would only do the same. They get pounded on and I believe rightly so. Not because they a Voomers, but because they are embarrassing themselves and have become ingratiating from they're repetitiveness's. They are not doing their cause any favors, in fact they are achieving the opposite. These two or three folk you DO NOT want as your Voom Poster Children. This has been sitting on my chest for a while. Just getting if off.
I agree with you, and I'm a Voomer.

I'd only add, how many, many, many, many long months did we all endure of SciFi HD coming up as a response in non-SciFi HD threads? Nearly every thread of more than a page, had someone responding about E* needing to add SciFI HD.

And I'd also add that there a about a dozen people who feel the need to post in every Voom thread that Voom sucks, and how delighted they are about E* removing Voom. It sure would be nice if these folks would move on themselves...

i don't see how this will save them. who else are they with besides cable vision who hasn't renewed their contract? if that's it who will take advantage of their vod?

VOOM is working hard and has contracts and carriage on Canadian and Middle Eastern cabler systems.

Don't count them out. I still watch on Expressvu, and I am sure quite a few do

I will also say, for the 30th time, DISH is why their content had so many repeats. Look at their filing. Then at the Dish lawsuit track record and the Voom lawsuit track record.

Based upon that, I believe Voom over dish anyday. And they said DISH made them show so many repeats. This kind of confirms how dish operates, weaken the channels, hoping people will hate the channels, then when they remove them, no one will car or will say 'good riddance'. Well, didn't work. Alot of dish subs are PISSED they removed them.

I just wish Expressvu would put on Family Room too.

Phil

A few points.

1. I absolutely detest WFN and consider it and many other supposed "HD" channels to be no more desirable than a steaming load of donkey excrement. But for the sake of those who think it's great, I don't want it removed, and would not be gleefully celebrating if it were. Consider that at least, if you hate VOOM and don't want it to return to E*.

2. Mention of VOOM should not be considered "hijacking" of a non VOOM titled thread, if the subject or discussion of that thread has something to do with the lack of real HD content in Dish's "improved" lineup. Mentioning that a restoration of VOOM would increase the availability and quality of HD content is completely on-topic for such threads.

3. If you are going to complain about the repeats in VOOM's programming, be prepared to demonstrate where your favorite channels do NOT do the same thing. Good luck with that.

On the subject THIS thread deals with, I'm not sure about VOOM VOD, though I think it would be a great addition to any provider that already has VOD available, it would not fit with E* marketing plans where each and every thing that's offered in any way resembling "on demand" must be paid for separately on top of what the customer is already paying.

Voom still sucks. And it shows. They should just file for chapter 11 already

Why would you want them to file Chapter 11 bankruptcy? That is a way for a company to reorganize in order to relieve certain debt so that they can come back stronger.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)