Voom in Canada? Any suggestions?

weagle

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 20, 2004
I have a hdtv projector system I would love to expand my hd channel coverage voom is the best to do that my cable co only offers the networks nbc/cbs/fox/pbs/abc east/west coast and 1 hd movie channel few ppv's but that is it so voom will be a good addition. I'm just wondering some questions that come into my mind anyone can answer this.

First if I buy the equipment used from someone am I required to have my visa card to be the same address as my voom's billing address? I thought this was only for leasing/renting equipment not the service if I only want the service will they still be picky on this? In other words anyone here in canada or in the states have given a visa card that was not the same address as billing address?

How about calling voom from canada I know they have the ANI check where they can telll immediately where you are calling from, so i am assuming here you cannot use a canadian address and not a canadian phone number for billing and also if they check the ani do I really need to get some sort of service where I can call to nyc from canada then from nyc call out to their 1800# and order the voom service with a nyc phone# showing up. i'm thinking of lots of ways to get around the ani, ie remote call forwarding number in nyc then make it forward to 1800# then just call that remote call forward # or whatever.

as for billing if you pay by visa will they send the bill in the mail? some have said they do not get a bill i prefer not to get a bill this way i wouldn't need to waste money getting a p.o box in the states.

any help would appreciate it and btw when you pay for the service it ain't against the law btw its just grey market programming its been done here with millions of people who subscribe to directv in canada through u.s address.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts