VOOM in Lancaster,Harrisburg Pa

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
voom in ne pa

stevo714 said:
Anyone in these areas have Voom?
Hi have VOOM since late November getting better every day just ordered cm 4228 with amp to try to get locals hope this works will keep you updated about 40 miles wilkes-barre towers my town is Shenandoah,

Hey Stevo & Stacey

I am in Reading(Shillington) and I am getting installed tommorow (3/12). I doubt I will get anything OTA with the antenna. Small mountains block me from Philly. Maybe I will try Lancaster.

Stacey, who did your install?

Hart5150 said:
Hey Stevo & Stacey

I am in Reading(Shillington) and I am getting installed tommorow (3/12). I doubt I will get anything OTA with the antenna. Small mountains block me from Philly. Maybe I will try Lancaster.

Stacey, who did your install?
?
Allen Ruiz Satellite from Harrisburg, when he installed me he never installed one and I think I knew more that him, still have no locals and waiting 2 1/2 weeks for new box to arrive, maybe this week, bougth cm 4228, arrived yesterday now I need someone to install it, it's very big will let you know if it works
Jeanie

rjbar, why weren't you given a antenna with your install? You should be able to get all your locals. Where are you located in Harrisburg?

I am in Altoona, my installer came from Baltimore, he was excellent, no OTA installed because last year I tried 3 different antennas cannot pull any locals due to mountains.
I also am running D*TV with waviers for all Networks.

I am in Lebanon PA, It has bin 60 Days and still no Voom.I have DTV. I make my OTA Antennas I Get WGAL NBC,WPMT FOX,WLYN UPN,WITF PBS,WHP CBS, and some Phila, all the HD locals. The Voom OTA antennas are Junk!!! If anyone needs any help with a OTA Antenna give me a email w3hd@comcast.net Tony W3HD

What antenna are you using? I'm in Lancaster and they can't seem to get me anything with the antenna they are using

York, PA. Just got Voom installed yesterday. Didn't need OTA antenna. Had my own. Channel Master Crossfire Deep Fringe with in line amp and variable gain. Pull Baltimore and sometimes Washington. Had D**h for the past two years. No complaints but with the $0 down and 30+ HD and 50+ digital with no contract commitment I had to try it.

Lancaster OTA channels

stevo714 said:
What antenna are you using? I'm in Lancaster and they can't seem to get me anything with the antenna they are using

Had VOOM for two weeks in the LAncaster area. Get all of the locals except ABC. Even pickup HArrisburg channels. Using the OTA antennae provided by VOOM (looks like a airplane wing)

Reception excellent. The locals quality is better than the sattelite

Where are you located in Lancaster. I can only get WGAL(NBC) and FOX. They have tried everything to get CBS with no luck. ABC is not Digital yet in Harrisburg. Supposely will be soon. I'm right off of 741 (Roherstown Road(

Lancvaster OTA Reception

stevo714 said:
Where are you located in Lancaster. I can only get WGAL(NBC) and FOX. They have tried everything to get CBS with no luck. ABC is not Digital yet in Harrisburg. Supposely will be soon. I'm right off of 741 (Roherstown Road(

I am located north of Lancaster (East Pertersburg area) near Fruitville Pike and Quarry Rd

I'm on 741 across from the Health Campus and can only get Fox and NBC. What a bummer as I really wanted to pick up CBS which they have had no luck picking up.

In E-Town. OTA, we get 8, 15, and 43. 21 is almost there, but it breaks up all the time, so it isn't worth watching. Anybody know if/when 27 will be broadcasting in digital?

They must be now. I get the Hi-Def ABC in Lancaster from Comcast since the beginning of last week. They must have just gone live. Good luck picking that up abc via OTA if you can't pick up CBS. Its further then CBS from you. I can't believe you can't pick up CBS from Etown

I think that the CBS problem is a combination of a small hill that is directly between the house and the direction of that tower; combined with a poor antenna. I'd like to upgrade the antenna, but I havn't bothered... yet. Missing Monday Night Football on ABC might be the incentive I need to get it done.

Am in Lancaster city, NE side...

I presently receive WGAL-8, UPN-15, KYW-CBS-ch 3 in Philly for some unknown reason {although only at an 82 signal level}, the two PBS channels on 33, Fox-43, and Red Lion (ind.) ch49. No WHTM ABC channel, no Harrisburg CBS ch21 (even though it's on the same tower as the PBS stations). Of course there's no WB station in the Lancaster/Harrisburg area either. I have the basic amplified channelMaster stealthAntenna on my roof with a clear view of both Harrisburg and Lancaster/York towers. Ironically, I can receive CBS from Philly with pixelization and occasional dropout, but drastically better than WHP-CBS in Harrisburg which I almost never get (maybe 1% of the time and then it's pixelated).

Interested in networking with other Lancaster-based VOOM users.

My installer said that I was probably the first Lancaster-based VOOM customer back around Thanksgiving last year. Still trying to get ABC (mostly for Alias in HD... missed almost a season and a half) and CBS (boo-hoo... no CSI in HD since leaving cable).

Not willing to give up on VOOM though,

I have had Voom for a week now. I get all of my locals using two antennas, antenna photo link. I am using an CM 4228 8-Bay for UHF and the Radio Shack version of the CM 3017 for VHF which are tied together with a CM 7777 Titan2 pre-amp.

With the rotor on the 8-Bay, I can get Baltimore CBS. I can get signal readings for WNUV Baltimore Fox but it is not mapped on my receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)