VOOM in MicroCenter!

GabeNet

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 5, 2004
I went to Micro Center today to get some ink for my printer and found myself lured to the HDTVs/Monitors. To my surprise I saw the HDN bug at the bottom of the screens. The Micro Center in Duluth, GA has a Voom receiver and is demoing its monitors with HDN. I asked the sales guy who jumped on me how long it had been installed and he said about a week. I did not pick up on wether or not they are selling the service or are just using Voom to demo their products.

I guess this may be part of Vooms new marketing push.

I stopped at MicroCenter today. It's been awhile since I visited it. A huge selection of HD-ready flat-panel monitors! And VOOM HDN was on absolute majority of them! (Others showed a screen-saver...)
This is great for VOOM for two reasons. First of all, MicroCenter is the biggest computer store in my area (bigger and much better than CompUSA). All techies go there.
And second, VOOM is the only satellite provider in MicroCenter! No signs of D* or E*.

Never heard of Micro Center here in Indiana but this is encouraging! Maybe Voom just needed to walk before they went to a full run. Long live the HD King! Voomin here in Indy and enjoying every minute.

20 Locations Nationwide ( and what does Nationwide mean, I would think all 50 states? )
• CA - Santa Clara
• CA - Tustin/Irvine
• CO - Denver
• GA - Duluth/Gwinnett
• GA - Marietta
• IL - Chicago
• IL - Westmont
• KS - Overland Park
• MA - Cambridge
• MI - Madison Hts/Troy
• MN - St. Louis Park
• NY - Westbury/Long Island
• OH - Columbus
• OH - Mayfield Heights
• OH - Sharonville
• OH - Westerville
• PA - St. Davids/Radnor
• TX - Houston
• TX - Richardson
• VA - Fairfax

http://www.microcenter.com/at_the_stores/index.html

By the way, according to sales people in MicroCenter, they had VOOM since November. I can't confirm this since I haven't visited this store in the past couple of months.

bruce said:
20 Locations Nationwide ( and what does Nationwide mean, I would think all 50 states? )
• CA - Santa Clara
• CA - Tustin/Irvine
• CO - Denver
• GA - Duluth/Gwinnett
• GA - Marietta
• IL - Chicago
• IL - Westmont
• KS - Overland Park
• MA - Cambridge
• MI - Madison Hts/Troy
• MN - St. Louis Park
• NY - Westbury/Long Island
• OH - Columbus
• OH - Mayfield Heights
• OH - Sharonville
• OH - Westerville
• PA - St. Davids/Radnor
• TX - Houston
• TX - Richardson
• VA - Fairfax

http://www.microcenter.com/at_the_stores/index.html
WTF is your problem? Now your knocking Microcenter because they carry Voom?

vurbano said:
WTF is your problem? Now your knocking Microcenter because they carry Voom?

Where did I knock them, I questioned what nationwide means, it has nothing to do with Voom, hell, I said for a while now if they got into a Costco type store where they ( Voom ) could take off because all those pretty HD sets ( 20 of them ) are just showing the same InHD demo over and over,and if Micro Center has a lot of HD displays with Voom on them it could only be a good thing, relax and go get some happy thoughts or something.

bruce said:
Where did I knock them, .
here

bruce said:
You call that a positive post when you are slamming Microcenter for using the word "nationwide" and not having a store in each state?:rolleyes:

Why must you continue to troll in the Voom threads and scrutinize even the companies selling Voom?

vurbano said:
here

You call that a positive post when you are slamming Microcenter for using the word "nationwide" and not having a store in each state?:rolleyes:

Why must you continue to troll in the Voom threads and scrutinize even the companies selling Voom?

It is not a slam to ask a question, they ( and a lot of other companies ) use that term, Microcenter was using it before they had Voom, and now with Voom, my question had nothing to do with Voom, I have said for a while now that I will give Voom another try when they have my local RSN and the DVR, but for some reason you still come after me ( and others ).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts