VOOM in Vegas...

Mike J

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 30, 2004
I just got VOOM on Monday (3/30) and its great!. The installation went flawlessly and the service is superb.

Any others in the Valley out there? Hope to hear from you.

Mike J

VOOM
Sanyo PLC-XP30 Projector
122' 16:9 VuTec Screen
Sony PLM-42B1 Plasma
Fusion III HDPC

Mike I'm in Vegas Hope to be hooked up 4/28/04 got the vavavoom package I live up in Centennial..Did your locals work out ok ....and who was the installers?

Thanks

Tim, the installation was terrific...Keith at AAA Media Masters did the install...call him in advance and use my name...his office number is 360-9909...make sure that you have line of sight for the off-air channels at about 135 to 145 degrees (toward Henderson)...that's where all of the digital stations are...at Centennial, you should be higher than me (Rancho/Charleston area) and OK>>>

Let me know how it goes...

Great Mike thanks for the fast response..I will call Keith tomorrow.. I presently have Cox with all the channels their HD Package which is $140.00 per month and most of the time it isn't that good..I'm hoping that Voom will make me appreciate spending over 3k on an HDTV. From what I have read it truely is. A co worker of mine ordered Voom today and then he went and purchased the Sony 60 Wega LCD today also...he is scheduled for May 1 install..hope I didnt lead him down the wrong path....But since we live in the city of chance ..what the hell..

Thanks again

Vegas Voom

I have had voom for about a month now and love it.
I have a question though. I have a Sony HD Widescreen TV. I can't get the Pillar Box off the local channels. I have tried it using the HD DVI hookup and regular RC cable for the non HD programs. I have also tried the different setups on my TV zoom, wide zoom, full ect. The zoom box is set for stetch ect.
Any ideas how I can get rid of the pillar box when watching abc, cbs, fox, and nbc?

Dear Dravin,

Welcome, Vegas Voomer!

Post your question as a new thread and see what happens...I don't know the answer, otherwise I would reply with one. I am sure that there is a way to solve your question...Be sure to tell all of the details including the type of monitor/TV that you are using...

Just Ordered

I just ordered the full voom package and a Sony 65" TV. Install is scheduled for next Saturday and I can't wait.

It sounds like the Vegas installers have done a good job and there are lots of local channels available.

David

I am also in the vegas area and just got voom installed yesterday. I am having problems with local channels though. Have you guys been able to get ABC, NBC, CBS, etc. What did you have to do?

I just posted a similar thread in the install forum. I'm in SW Vegas. I'll be getting hooked up Dec. 10. I hope all goes well. I will be watching over the installer closley because I have done many myself for other providers. I wish Voom would allow self install. Would'nt they save tons of money that way?

I'm here in Las Vegas and been with VOOM since Nov 1st. AAA Media Masters are ok but I feel with me they haven't been doing their job. I've had Russ, Keith and Mike out here 4 times since the install. I really love the concept of VOOM but the people behind the scenes I'm not in favor of.

Hi Freddy,

I'm in Vegas too and I'm considering Voom. Where did you see it before you got it? Do you still have it and how is it going?

Sheff

So you're saying its' not worth it to switch?

How are your locals and what part of town do you live in?

Sheff

Vooming in Henderson

:usa Been with Voom since May. Great reception and NO problems in any areas. Get more OTA channels than I knew existed in the valley. No signal fade during the heavy rains we had. Hope Voom gets National Geographic soon. Looking forward to the additional 30 channels or so in March.

Rotorhead said:
:usa Been with Voom since May. Great reception and NO problems in any areas. Get more OTA channels than I knew existed in the valley. No signal fade during the heavy rains we had. Hope Voom gets National Geographic soon. Looking forward to the additional 30 channels or so in March.

What OTA channels do you get? We should get the same ones (NBC, ABC, Fox, CBS, PBS, WB, Gold33 and the 2 spanish channels) Do you get more

I get NBC on the guide with correct info but when I tune to it I get no signal message. That's the one I watch the most too. And what about UPN on 14? Should we get that too. My antenna is pointing south.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts