Voom installer drilled unneeded hole through my wall.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mystikal

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 6, 2004
I was just cleaning up one of my bedrooms and noticed a loose strand of coax cable coming out of a broken hole in the lower trimming of my wall. I take a closer look and realize its both drilled and cracked and the cable was cut at both ends, the cable just pulled out. Cool air is coming through the hole. Then I realize that the installer freakin' drilled it last week. It seems like he just hit the wrong spot and upon realizing it, just cut the 4 foot cable and left it there. I can't believe this crap. I just gave Don Lor's a call and they say a supervisor will be out early this week.

This is a terrible example of unprofessionalism. How can this dude jack up my house like that and just leave it. Didn't even tell me. Cut the cable and left it and just acted like it didn't happen. This is a travesty, a sham, and a mockery.

vurbano said:
Help call the police!!! Get a lawyer!!! Sue voom for the hole!!!!........ROTFLMFAO

I try to make light of an irritating situation and what's the first response I get? Someone exposes himself as being a total jackass by making an unneeded cynical comment when he doesn't recognize my obvious reference to a MILLER LITE commercial. And I thought that the arrogant Laker fan from last week was bad, jeesh.

It is just a hole... Fill it in with some sealent and you are done.

No point in making a big deal about it, it happens all the time.

Mystikal said:
I try to make light of an irritating situation and what's the first response I get? Someone exposes himself as being a total jackass by making an unneeded cynical comment when he doesn't recognize my obvious reference to a MILLER LITE commercial. And I thought that the arrogant Laker fan from last week was bad, jeesh.

Vurbanao is a jackass for..joking- yet you were also joking? He is in fact, NOT a jackass but someone who has helped many on this site.

At least you now have a hole in your wall- to match that one in your head.

GO LAKERSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

If it was me, I would call and complain about it. It's not so much having a hole, but the installer should have told you. It can be fixed, but I agree, it shouldn't have happened in the first place.

As far as the other poster making a joke out of the situation, I can tell he's one of thoose posters that looks like he is trying to up his post count. It's too bad that some people feel that by posting meaningless comments, or reply to post just for the sake of posting is sad. This board does provide a ton of useful information, and the mods are great. However, there is always a few that distract from the community.

Vurbano's right if you don't laugh you will cry..........Did you check the installers SBCA 1+2 certification card......Picture ID......License (if needed in your state).......VoOM certification..............NO! Well thats what happens when you let just anybody walk in off the street and start drilling holes in your home, you are lucky it could have been a lot worse (check the other horror stories).................INSIST ON A PROFESSIONAL, let them take as long as it takes to find one.........even then anyone can make a mistake ( he should have told you), if they have all of the above you can be sure they are FULLY insured and bonded (need to be to get a license in this state) I am sure they will fix it, but others can learn from your experience, these "installers" are getting away with it because people just want their TV NOW they don't seem to care about the law! good luck!

Mystikal said:
I was just cleaning up one of my bedrooms and noticed a loose strand of coax cable coming out of a broken hole in the lower trimming of my wall. I take a closer look and realize its both drilled and cracked and the cable was cut at both ends, the cable just pulled out. Cool air is coming through the hole. Then I realize that the installer freakin' drilled it last week. It seems like he just hit the wrong spot and upon realizing it, just cut the 4 foot cable and left it there. I can't believe this crap. I just gave Don Lor's a call and they say a supervisor will be out early this week.

This is a terrible example of unprofessionalism. How can this dude jack up my house like that and just leave it. Didn't even tell me. Cut the cable and left it and just acted like it didn't happen. This is a travesty, a sham, and a mockery.

"THE SKY IS FALLING!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!"

So you ran into an incompetent butt-head and he screwed up your wall. If this is the worst thing to ever happen to you, count your blessings!
In all reality, I would be just about as mad as you are but it is not worth going psycho over. Get some of that urethane foam sealant and seal the hole. Or, when you speak with the supervisor, make them do it.
Then relax, and enjoy your life and the fact that you are Voooooooming!

Did you check the installers SBCA 1+2 certification card......Picture ID......License (if needed in your state).......VoOM certification..............NO!

Yep, when an installer has all of those, it means he will not EVER make a mistake. Having those means he will do everything perfect, he's human, but as long as he has all of those, he will not make any mistakes at all...

PSB said:
even then anyone can make a mistake

You missed the above line............your right every one should say nothing and accept shoddy work from uncertified, unlicensed, STRANGERS : )

Customers deserve MORE!

Hello there to the guy that had the hole drilled in his wall that should not have happened, and I am kinda surprised because I have heard nothing bad about Don Lors doing work in the Detroit area..

I do know they sub out a lot of there work so you dont know who you might get..The guy I had was white and about 6'5" pretty tall and really good other than my under rated OTA antenna that he installed but not his fault I have some trees in the way..

The customer is always right, good customer service is what always brings me back.. Cya Slick

PS....GO Piston's~~~~~~Lakers go home !!!!!!

Slick said:
I do know they sub out a lot of there work so you dont know who you might get..The guy I had was white and about 6'5" pretty tall and really good

Edit: Comment removed...interpretation of Slicks reference wrong, even though his wording leaves the door wide open.

Taken it wrong

Thats not what I meant the only reason I said it that way was because I could not remeber his name, after we introduce ourselfs when he arrived.. He was a sub contrator for Lurs and I thought maybe he might have been the guy that done the install for him.. Dont always look for the bad because there is a lot of good out there, and I am sure this situtation will get taken care of.. Keep Voomin Cya Slick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts