Voom Interface Complaints

lacuna

Original poster
Mar 10, 2005
I realize that with Voom on life support this is a minor thing to complain about. But as a loyal Voom subscriber this has been bugging me from the start. The interface for the receiver is terrible.

One minor improvement since I've had voom is that when you choose "All Channels" it defaults to the station you're on, but it doesn't do that for any of the other categories. And finally, what dyslexic engineer programmed the up arrow to go down and down arrow to go up when scrolling through the channels, but while in page view it works correctly? It screws me up everytime.

lacuna said:
One minor improvement since I've had voom is that when you choose "All Channels" it defaults to the station you're on, but it doesn't do that for any of the other categories.
Actually, for Va Va Voomers, it does default to the current channel in other views.

No, it doesn't. ;)

But yes, it is very stupid.

I would just love to know when the program I'm watching or missed is coming on again and be able to set a reminder.

joverstr2 said:
I would just love to know when the program I'm watching or missed is coming on again and be able to set a reminder.

Amen Brother!

I agree, the backwards scrolling always gets me as well. At least Dish gives you the option of which way you wish to order the channels in the guide, descending or ascending and the surf bar always goes UP in channel #.

I record tons of stuff off Voom and it is continuously misfiring (not changing to the channel I want). I will have a 2 hour block of infomercials from CBS where there should have been a movie overnight.

Audio dropouts on HDNews & Rave

No new channels this weekend - this is a bad sign

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts