Voom is gone?

Are your channels gone on Cablevision. Mine are now not available.

In certain areas I believe they were moved over to switch video. If you have a box, thier on a different channel now. If you have TIVo or Cable Card tv say bye-bye. You need a box.

Last edited:
Recently Dish Network, the only other US provider of the 15 Voom's, dropped them without notice. At that point Voom lost more than half their potential viewers.

This was very bad for Voom. The Cablevision agreement with Voom expires June 30th with no word that it will be renewed. That may mean the death of Voom.

I am a Dish sub (not in Cablevision Country) and after 2 weeks without Voom I am missing Monsters and Rave the most and a few other channels as well and so are many other people. Check out the Dish HD forum page and you will see I am not alone and more about the story of what happened.

There are too many repeats and no marketing of themselves so they have been dubbed "the channels you never heard of" in the DirecTV forums. If they die, they killed themselves and I for one am missing them already.

Question: Because you must have the Cablevision converter box to view them, does that also mean they are being placed into a higher cost HD package? Dish recently did this and a court fight started initiated by Voom as they wanted to be in the most basic package. That was just a part of the problem between Dish and Voom.

VOOM is free with Cablevision as is all the HD they carry! Just need an HD box or HD DVR box.

Do you have a box? I know you need a box to get VOOM, so I am curious if you are not getting it because you don't have one....OR you have a box and you are still not getting them.

Pjc,

Not sure if you are asking me or CVCShareholder. I have a SA4250HD and SA4200HD in my place and I get the VOOM channels still. If CVCShareholder doesn't get the channels, perhaps he/she has Cablecard which won't do SDV, which VOOM is being moved to on all Cablevision systems.

Pjc,

Not sure if you are asking me or CVCShareholder. I have a SA4250HD and SA4200HD in my place and I get the VOOM channels still. If CVCShareholder doesn't get the channels, perhaps he/she has Cablecard which won't do SDV, which VOOM is being moved to on all Cablevision systems.

Sorry, meant for CVC....I have the 8300HD and I had the VOOM channels last night.....haven't checked today. I can't imagine they're gone though. I must've hit the wrong "quote" button.

Do you have a box? I know you need a box to get VOOM, so I am curious if you are not getting it because you don't have one....OR you have a box and you are still not getting them.

Yes, I have two boxes which have been receiving Voom for about six months until yesterday. The channels are totally skipped when using the +/- channel button, but still appear in the Favorites. When selected by number, the box reports that This Channel Is No Longer Available.

try rebooting the box unplug it for 15seconds then plug it back in, you should have the channels. If not give a call.

Rebooting our two SA4250HD units did not resolve the problem. The CSR on the phone last night was not aware of any problem with Voom channels, her supervisor did not know either but admitted that they usually hear about channel lineup changes from customer complaints first. They suggested I replace the boxes at an Optimum store or schedule a service call.

Since I work for a living I am going to swap boxes today during my lunch break and see if that resolves the issue. Every other HD channel comes in perfectly except for the fifteen Voom channels, so it is very odd.

In north Jersey last night, some worked, some didn't.

The ones that didn't (mostly the higher ones, Rave, Game, etc) had a banner displayed that said either 'Service Unavailable' or 'Service Unauthorized' (I forget which, really).

So a signal is coming in - just seems like the channels are actually off.

(I have a SA8300 DVR - didn't try power-cycling it.)

In north Jersey last night, some worked, some didn't.

The ones that didn't (mostly the higher ones, Rave, Game, etc) had a banner displayed that said either 'Service Unavailable' or 'Service Unauthorized' (I forget which, really).

So a signal is coming in - just seems like the channels are actually off.

(I have a SA8300 DVR - didn't try power-cycling it.)

I had eror messages on all of the voom channels last night, but never at the same time. It was like they were swiching over a few at a time. I went into diags and indeed saw the voom channels are active on SDV. It may take time for cablevision to iron out the details. Hopefully by Monday it wil all be resolved.

Not sure if it was power of suggestion but the other HD channels look a bit better now?

I had eror messages on all of the voom channels last night, but never at the same time. It was like they were swiching over a few at a time. I went into diags and indeed saw the voom channels are active on SDV. It may take time for cablevision to iron out the details. Hopefully by Monday it wil all be resolved.

Makes sense. That seems likely to be the case if they are actually in the middle of the switched video conversion...

How many people actually like the VOOM channels. They show the same stuff, and none of it is very good. Occassionally Monsters HD has good stuff on it, but other than that, to me its all crap.

How many people actually like the VOOM channels. They show the same stuff, and none of it is very good. Occassionally Monsters HD has good stuff on it, but other than that, to me its all crap.
What's your point....so other channels offer HD programs all the time....I like the voom channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)