Voom is gone?

They show the same stuff, and none of it is very good.

I'm sure you can find someone who could say that about every cable channel. Cinemax is showing "I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry" 21 times over a 3 week stretch in June, some days 3 or 4 times. That what cable channels do.

I'm sure you can find someone who could say that about every cable channel. Cinemax is showing "I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry" 21 times over a 3 week stretch in June, some days 3 or 4 times. That what cable channels do.
Yes But Cinemax Isn't Only playing Chuck and larry for the next 3 weeks.;)

Scarface was a good movie . A huge hit. Still loved by hundreds of Millions. If Voom played movies like Scarface, Voom would still be here today. And Again Cinemax might repeat Scarface, But its not the only movie thats on for 24 hours in a row.

yeah but everytime I turned to max it is there... I recorded it once and once was enough. I do not need to see three months in a row in the same channel.

yeah but everytime I turned to max it is there... I recorded it once and once was enough. I do not need to see three months in a row in the same channel.
I think the problem with that movie is its 3 hours long ,so by the time its over on the East channel ,its just starting on the west. I'll admit its excessive!:)

Repeats used to be OK before large capacity DVR, but now it is not providing a service to those of us with DVR's. Of course, those with no DVR or VCR or recordable DVD may still like it.

+1 Which accounts for way more then 50% of customers. But Voom's 6 times a day repeats ,was a little extreme.

Look at the Voom schedules now...They are NOT repeating like they were. I think the last 6 months of programming have skewed people's opinions (especially people who didn't see Voom prior to that) unfairly. Voom's schedule went to crap at the same time the lawsuits were heating up - not a coincidence.

You want repeats? Look at Starz...Yikes!

The title of this Thread is misleading and just wrong.
Voom is still here and only off Dish as of now at least.

Why have the mods not corrected this?

At least edit and put a "?" at the sentence's end or add "or changed channel numbers?"

At least as a gesture to the Voom sensitive members.:)

I think the question here is, why are some important HD channels that are on everyother cable provider not on Cablevision, i.e. ESPNews, TLC HD, Discovery HD, Animal Planet HD, etc. TWC just added a ton of new HD. Cablevision hasn't added any new content since December, and that was ESPN2HD which was on the other cable providers long before they added it. It seems Cablevision is always one step behind everyone else.

I think the question here is, why are some important HD channels that are on everyother cable provider not on Cablevision, i.e. ESPNews, TLC HD, Discovery HD, Animal Planet HD, etc. TWC just added a ton of new HD. Cablevision hasn't added any new content since December, and that was ESPN2HD which was on the other cable providers long before they added it. It seems Cablevision is always one step behind everyone else.
Maybe because of Voom.:eek::yikes:devil:

Well as of today 6/3 all the Voom channels are now on SDV on the Norwalk, Ct. CV system & all I get is:"Channel Unavailable ; try again later" its either that my signal is poor (but all the other Hds are good) or its just a problem @ their end & I will check into this more tonight b4 giving CV a call saying: about my bill "your money is unavailable ...try again later" &/or "please hold while I contact the FCC"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts