Voom multi box install problems

SystemHalt

Original poster
Apr 26, 2004
USA
I am from wisconsin area and just had voom installed about 2 weeks ago with a 3 box setup. All boxes are currently updated to the newest version but i am having problems that i have not seen on this forum.

1. All boxes on a clear day have a signal strength between 95-99 a bit lower with overcast skies but i am always having probs with the boxes keeping a connection to the sat the sat image in front of the box normally green will just turn red for no reason and no specific times very random on all boxes. somtimes happens on all boxes other times only to one of the three. no idea why to solve it need to turn to standby and then turn back on but a few times i will have to do a hard reboot either by holding in the power button or unpluging it.

2. Also at no given times durring the day certain boxes will just not tune to certain channels but very randomly such as yesterday box 1 and 3 could tune to all stations but box 2 would not tune into channels at times like hbo, discovery ect and it was not hd specific channels either but the day before box 1 and 2 where fine but 3 had those problems. Only fix i have found is to unplug for a few sec then plug back in.

I have a tech scheduled to come back to the house again for next week wed the 19th but would like to hear others inputs on the matter. Such as what would be causing this and how could it be fixed?

also a quick list as to how the system is hooked up for now:

-sat with 2 coax lines running from it all is new wiring and continous run of wire. I have no ota at all right now
-the 2 lines from sat run into 3 input four way multi switch
-from multi switch 3 all new coax runs to all three boxes in one continous run.

p.s. If more info is needed for dignosis please let me know.

Sounds like a possible problem with multiswitch or LNB. I do not think your receivers are bad since they all have the same problems. Just curious why you did not install OTA?

no ota right now as i rent where i am living and would not let us install the ota to the roof and after the installer should up that was about the only option for installing it.

If we decide to move and find a place to install one will.

Get Voom to spring for the Silver Sensor. It's an indoor UHF antenna that alot of people have had luck with.

SystemHalt said:
no ota right now as i rent where i am living and would not let us install the ota to the roof and after the installer should up that was about the only option for installing it.

If we decide to move and find a place to install one will.

Are the stations too far to your location? Have you consider the internal antennas like the Silver Sensor.

i know my channels are about 45-60 miles from me in two locations. the north and the south from where i live.

to try that antenna how close you have to be to pull them in and can you request it through voom maybe can get the installer to bring one along with him when he tried to fix the other problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts