Voom New $150 Off Promotion

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

randym431

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 29, 2004
Voom now has a new promo going with $150 off the $199 install fee, for new customers only, naturally. You do have to have 1-year contract, or stay with voom for at least 1 year that is. So thats around $50 install for new customers. This promo says you can get it at the website or by calling voom. Going to Sears is not necessary.

Why doesn't Voom list the price of the Plus Packs on their website? If they are listed, I can't find them, all I see is the Basic & VaVa pricing. Are they really $19.90 per pack?

Why play games with the stupid 150 bucks off. Voom needs subs, just do free installs.. Comeon Voom .. wise up already

This new offer shows that VOOM really does read all the post right here at the "Internet's Largest Voom Forum" to help in its decision making.
Well, on second thought...

Well they knocked SOME money off the installs, and now they require a 1 year comittment in this business people joining and canceling, and rejoining later hurts them too much. At least if they know their "more subs" will stick around longer means they can offer them better OTA and dishes if need be because they know they'll at least stick for 1 year.

Sounds like a good deal compared to all other sat providers. Especially since you get 40+ HD channels. Don't mind the commitment. I'll be here as long as they are. Where else can you get all the HD movie channels? HBO, SHOW, MAX, STARZ, ENCORE & TMC
(10 Premium channels in all) D* has exactly 3 HD movie channels compared to 10 for VOOM. And then VOOM has the Cinema 10. Hey, this is the reason I bought a HDTV in the first place!

If VOOM has finally established a one year commitment (something they should have done with all of us that went for free installs) is it because they were thinking like a Cable Company? It's been so long since I have had cable (and don't ever want it again)do they now require any commitment if you sign-up with them? Think this is a good deal that they have changed to the commitment and hope they are successful with their new promo. GO VOOM!

I have a better idea. Instead of charging for installation, charge for the hardware. The major shortcomings with VOOM seem to be lack of favorite stations (HGTV, Sunday Ticket, InHD), problems with OTA reception, and rain fade. If the customer could select - and pay for - his antenna and dish, Voom wouldn't have to pay for so many upgrades. I would have loved to have the option to buy a Channel Master 4228 and a 24" dish and be done with it. It would have saved me money and aggravation and saved VOOM money and unsubscribers. Of course, you would still have the favorite channel problem, but they're working on that.

Because of the news of this promotion and Kung Fu HD, I think a really good friend of mine in Kansas is converting.

The conversation went like this:

"Voom's coming out with Kung Fu in HD?"

"Ok I'm signing up, too bad it's $200 to sign up"

"No it's $50 plus a 1 year"

"Oh Sh***** I'm signing up like as soon as possible"

"Cool"

"How many HD channels you have, like 37 not including Fox sports FL HD which you probably won't get."

"How much is it to add more rooms?"

"$15, $10 for STB and like other DBS $5 mirror fees"

"Damnit I can only do 2 rooms then" (see VOOM you're multiroom deal leaves A LOT to be desired)

... At least you can rack 1 sub up to the new changes.

ArnieMc said:
I would have loved to have the option to buy a Channel Master 4228 and a 24" dish and be done with it. It would have saved me money and aggravation and saved VOOM money and unsubscribers. .

Option to buy a better antenna -- Good Idea

Option to buy a 24" dish -- Bad Idea. I would never pay extra for a larger dish to battle rain fade.Voom has got to already know that the 18" isn't cutting it for some, so they had better start installing the 24" as the default dish in their effort to keep EVERY customer they can get. Rain fade shouldn't be listed as a top reason for cancelling if at all possible.

I thought that one of the "benefits" that the Voomers were yelling was the fact that you didn't have a contract commitment. Now you say Voom should have a commitment. Which one is it? Did you guys flip-flop and not tell anyone? Amazing. I think I will try this offer for $50.00.
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.... :no

DobyMax said:
I thought that one of the "benefits" that the Voomers were yelling was the fact that you didn't have a contract commitment. Now you say Voom should have a commitment. Which one is it? Did you guys flip-flop and not tell anyone? Amazing. I think I will try this offer for $50.00.
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.... :no

Who cares...? Aparently you do... Why don't you go back and enjoy what you have? Nobody cares...

I think many of us think no contract is great, it's just not working for them, and while we'd like no contract... the churn is killing Voom. Hence, it's not a practical business model.

Just speaking for myself, I wouldn't have signed up if I had to pay for installation or if I had to sign a contract. The no risk aspect was why I was willing to give it a shot. Contract or install charge?- I'd still be just watching the free OTA's. My point being you need someone to join before you worry about their quitting.

Yea, since I was never able to see Voom before I ordered it because Sears didn't know what they were doing, I probably wouldn't have gone for it if there was a 1 year commitment. Don't like signing a 1 year commitment sight-unseen. Now that I have seen it, I would have no problem signing a 1-year commitment. I think it is very important for Voom to be able to be viewed reliably on well set up systems in popular electronics stores if they want people to commit to a year of programming.

Frustration

It seems between Sears and Voom there is some frustration on gathering information about VOOM, whether it is seeing it live or understanding the promotions. Perhaps try your local VOOM retailer which makes his living off selling and installing. I have found my local dealer to be more informed and helpful. The link below will help you get there.

http://www.voom.com/get_it/store_locator.jsp

Re:1 year commitment

I can understand the turnover hurting them, but personally I would not have signed a 1 year contract. The free install, no contract was what made the offer sweet enough to try.

Sean Mota said:
Who cares...? Aparently you do... Why don't you go back and enjoy what you have? Nobody cares...

You don't care to answer my question? Was my statement not true? Did you see the posts that said if they had to have a contract they would not have gotten Voom? Look up a few posts Sean. Sad to be called a moderator. As you say, nobody cares. Especially anything that you put here. Delete if you want to. The truth hurts you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)