Voom News or just "generic" email

cjwct

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
Glastonbury, CT
I emailed Voom as to if there is any news or updates because as a Dish subscriber I greatly miss MonstersHD and others. Here was their response:

Thank you for contacting Voom HD Networks. We are currently looking to several providers and we hope to have more information soon.

VOOM HD Networks

Hmmm . . . several providers . . . just let me know and I will jump!

If Voom dropped down to 5 channels or made them available a la carte to providers, I bet Dish would be interested. That's what they wanted to begin with. As I mentioned in the MonstersHD thread, I side with Dish, but there are a few that I think deserve a return.

And I bet no one will add all 15.

I disagree . . . Direct is smart and they know what a blow to Dish this will be for the holiday season if they can lock it up . . . this would be more of a smack at Dish . . . IMHO

I disagree . . . Direct is smart and they know what a blow to Dish this will be...
How smart ? You're talking about the same DirecTV that had TV ads talking some of Dish's HD channels "that no one has ever heard of", right ? They were referring to the VOOM channels.

I disagree . . . Direct is smart and they know what a blow to Dish this will be for the holiday season if they can lock it up . . . this would be more of a smack at Dish . . . IMHO

And I bet more than a few DirecTV customers would consider it a smack at them for, in their minds, waisting bandwidth if they had to get all 15.

I emailed Voom as to if there is any news or updates because as a Dish subscriber I greatly miss MonstersHD and others. Here was their response:

Thank you for contacting Voom HD Networks. We are currently looking to several providers and we hope to have more information soon.

VOOM HD Networks

Hmmm . . . several providers . . . just let me know and I will jump!

This is true..ive heard lots of rumblings that they will surface on another provider by years end.

Thats the best news ive heard in the Sat world!!!

Long live Voom!!:)

This sounds, to me, more like a generic press release type of thing that they have been putting since even before Dish dropped them but I would probably switch to DIRECT if they had VOOM and it didn't cost a lot more.

I do agree that is sounds like a generic email, but there are some rumblings online between Direct and Voom . . . be interesting to see where this goes!

I would bet if this happens they will only pick up a few Voom channels. Certain providers outside the USA only have a few- why would D* want all of them? Probably the most popular 3-5. I'll go where Monstershd ends up.

Interesting questions.... Has VOOM improved their service? Are there still too many repeats? Argue, discuss, dream, speculate all you care to. The bottom line is $$$$$$$$$$$. No provider will make a sound financial decision based on "gotcha" reasons. To offer a service that hasn't shown profitability is a good way to lower the stock value of the provider. In the world economy, that all of us must acknowledge that we are a part of, it doesn't pay to make decisions from spite. Hopefully, the corp execs, at Voom will understand that to suceed, their product must keep pace in a competitive market.

All I can say is the October schedule for Monsters is IMO the best I have seen in a long time- maybe ever. If Voom plans on shutting down it doesn't make sense for them to still care about aquiring movies. It could be they are in heavy negotiations with someone. I would have thought that if they were on life support they would be showing the same three movies day after day. This is not the case at least for Monstershd.

FWIW, your response is similar to the one I just got. I asked "Has there been any progress made towards getting VOOM back on DISH or onto DIRECTV?"

They replied "DISH Network will no longer carry Voom HD Networks. We are still talking to other providers and hope to have more information soon."

Mario

Holiday season? Gee, it's what every little boy and girl asks Santa for-Voom channels! Seriously, you voomers need to see therapists right away!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts