Voom no longer lets you wait on hold...

I am curious, what are you guys want to talk about with Voom reps? I called just once - to sign up, and only because then it was not possible to sign up on their web page. I solved all my Voom problems reading this and other forums and exchanging a few emails with Wilt. I am not saying that you have no legitimate issues than can only be solved by calling Voom. But, I am sure there are people calling Voom just to ask about the availability of INHD or Food channel or other rather non-critical issues.

Because I can't get any OTA anymore. None. My signal strength on all my OTA channels has dropped to 1/2 what it was when they installed. So I want my antenna moved to a better location.

My calls were relating to OTA PG. Turns out I was mapped wrong.

Also, I think phone is the only way to order Playboy. :)

-John

I am calling because I signed up over two weeks ago, my install date came and went, and I do not know when to expect someone at my house to intall it. I agree that there is no reason to harass VOOM with constant calls, but I am ready to start seeing some HDTV :yes

kaw

I'm the same as Kawdog. I was scheduled for install on 5/26. No install, no equipment. My installer says to call the voom number to get an idea of the equipment issue (which means they will call installs, Inc....which is usaully busy.)

I'm pretty much doing as told.

I meant new customers getting voom because of divine, but I don't want to hijack the thread so never mind.
;)

I just got a message from Wilt regarding the phone situation. Right now they are experiencing heavy volume of calls, as you know, and they are trying to resolve this situation as soon as possible. Please be patient and hang on. They are working very hard to remedy this problem.

Yes, this problem has been killing me. I called three times and didn't get through (after a lot of wait time). Finally, I decided to post a question using their online e-mail tech support. It took four days for someone to respond and they responded by asking me to call in to 1-800-GET-VOOM. I tried three more times and was disconnected each time after a long wait. So, I still have been unable to get through about an upgraded OTA antenna or the fact that my installer took away all the extra cables!

Hopefully this will be resolved in the near future. Maybe even outsourcing to India would be better than getting disconnected after long waits (especially when you don't have a speaker phone).

This sucks, heavy call volume or not they need to fix this now.

My box took a complete dump on me last night, the PG stuck on and everything just died, never came back on, all during the 4th quarter of the Pistons game!

I called and got booted twice then called and pressed 1, got tired of waiting again and hung up.

Called back again today and its another black hole.

I called and hit 1 and a rep told me they would get someone on the phone but I ran out of patience and hung up.

No One Calls!

Same here, I called for help with my bill....got the message....and no one ever calls.......called back a few days later and got a real person!

This isn't a good policy...I believe I'd rather stay on hold A LITTLE LONGER....we should at least "HAVE THAT OPTION!" :mad:

as long as they call back i wouldnt mind it. I hate waiting for 20 minutes with the cable company. In a way its polite not to waste peoples time when theres other things to do than sit on hold 20 minutes.

I am a "voom newbie" so I called probably 6 times in the first week with questions, upgrades, etc, I had a lot of difficulites and am hoping that this is due to a growing subscriber base, that is understandable.

Could remedy a lot of this by providing better documentation. A couple of my questions were "when" and "what if" that could not be found here.

Yipes, we are falling down on the job. Assume you hit the read me first thread in the Important VOOM Information & FAQ's subforum. Let's update the thread to help other folks in the future if you have the questions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts