Voom On Comcast?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'd very much like to know this as well. It will directly influence my decision on whether to sign up w/ Comcast or Dish. (I'd like to sign up w/ Comcast.)

Well if you really want to play it safe go comcast for a month or 2 since they dont have a commitment you must lock into. That way in another month or 2 you can make a better decision on your final service. Yes, E* is the only one right this minute offering any of the voom channels but DTV is makeing some big claims including maybe voom channels and some othe HD's by June/july as well pluc CC coulod also pick up some of voom in that time period. If you cant live without em then you gotta go Dish now but I personally think its foolish to jump into a commitment before I see what the other players are gonna do because of Dish getting Voom 1st. If everyone rushes and jumps this second then no reason for E* to sweeten the deal any is there.

if you want the voom 21 like i do call comcast and request, then email them. then call voom and tell them you want comcast to have the voom 21 channels if enough people request this i can be watching kungfu hd again.

umm Voom on Comcast - i would say "never" :)

Comcast is very!!!!!!! conservative regarding any new channels or new ideas.
Also IMO has been anti Rainbow from the start and still does not carry Fuse and other Rainbow channels on most systems.

The only hope would be if your cable system is bought by Time Warner - or you reactivate on 61.5 with Dish Network box.

I am having Comcast installed on Monday. I am not going to invest in another satellite to have to pay to upgrade again once mpeg4 comes along.

I'm wildly fantasizing about Lab and HDnews, but the fact that they don't even carry FUSE in Coral Gables doesn't bode well for Voom21 via Comcast :(

Hummm, guess were lucky in Denver then. I had to look to be sure but we do get IFC here on comcast and I did also see fuse listed as a channel but when I selected it got the old "You must subscribe" mssg. Course still no siting of TnT-HD here yet tho :(

Same here we have every current Rainbow channel on Comcast NewEngland, but I also got E* so I could have every HD channel available, of course still waiting for ESPN2-HD :(

Some, albeit a few, of Comcast's systems have gone all digital. This needs to happen systemwide in order to free up bandwidth currently wasted by analog. Until then, they are probably limited in what they can carry.

At the same time, as previous poster noted, you should take the time to place a quick call and send an email to Comcast encouraging them to pick up the Voom HD offerings.
Cable has invested heavily to win back sat customers and in many ways have gained a technology lead. They have no choice but to match the offerings of dbs in the near future.

Call them, email them. Make some noise!

bratboy, the Comcast CSR I talked to yesterday said TNTHD is still in negotiation for the Denver market. They have to negotiate for each market. She said it should be here this summer sometime "as well as a few other HD channels". I couldn't get any more out of her as far as other channels.

Ah thx for the info. I was at an actually payment place today and the ppl there have heard "nothing" about TnT or any other additions to HD at this time. Beginning to think is no way to get reliable info from anyone so will trust that your info is good and just wait....then again Im also waiting to hear what DTV does in June too hehe.

I'm waiting to see what happens with DTV too. E* wanted a 1 year contract to upgrade my boxes to the 811 so Comcast is my V* substitute for now. I get hooked up Saturday. E* doesn't seem to want my money any more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts