Voom on Dish Network Channel Listing

Scott Greczkowski said:
Nope for customers who need a 61.5 Dish the cost is $100 (Not sure if that includes switches or not)
Scot,
What about if you already have a VOOM dish pointing at 61.5? Can you buy the new LNB + switch and do it yourself to avoid the $100 cost?

hpman247 said:
So is it true that we call the 1800 WOWHDTV number to order these channels. and that they will be available on midnight eastern tonight
I called the number. They told me to call the Dish 800 number. So I called the Dish 800 number. They told me to call the WOW HDTV number!!!!

I wish Dish would actually INFORM the CSR people with corrrect info BEFORE making announcements.

Finally the Dish CSR said to call back to either number tomorrow (Sun).

We shall see.........

I called about te DSL prices this morning, and while I had CSR on the phone I asked about the channels.

She was reading the info off of a piece of paper or booklet, I heard her flipping through pages. Maybe they got the info to the CSRs finally.

cpdretired said:
Your existing VOOM dish and LNB will work. You will have to buy a switch compatible with your existing system.

http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/pdf/technology/installation/install-4.pdf

Only true if your current DishNetwork setup uses legacy LNB's. If you currently have a 500 with DishPro LNB's and switches, or a SuperDish the LNB that is currently on the Voom Dish will not work because it is a legacy LNB.

Below are two possible solutions if you currently have DishNetwork DishPro equipment:

1. Swap out the Voom Legacy LNB on the Voom dish with a DP LNB (but the way it mounts to the LNB arm on the dish looks differant so i think some kind of adapter bracket will need to be used/created)

2. Is it possible to use the DP Aptapter in the opposite direction then it was designed for. If so you may be able to make the current VOOM dish/legacy LNB work with the DishNetwork DP syestem buy just buying a DP21 and a DP Adapter ( both can be bought for less then $30 total on Ebay). I currently have a SuperDish, and one 811 HD receiver, and 3 SD receivers. So 3 of the 4 outputs from the DP34 go to my 3 SD receivers, the 4th output goes to one of the DP21 inputs. Then take the coax from the Voom legacy LNB and connect it to the DP adapter (but in the reverse direction that it is supposed to be used), then connect the other side of the DP Adapter to the other input on the DP21, then connect the output of the DP21 to the 811. If this works, the current voom owners could use their Voom Dish as is, and possibly get it working with their DP DishNetwork setup by only using a DP21 and a DP adapter. To make this work though, it has to be tested, because we will be hooking up the DP adapter in the opposite direction then its intended use, but if it still just converts stacked to unstacked frequecies i think this may work.

Afterwards

Stargazer said:
61.5 is where they are at right now and they will be mirrored to 148 later on. Them being on 61.5 is already a reality.

After they are mirrowed will a superdish pich up from the 148?
I mean without having to pay for a 2nd dish.

When will this mirroring happen?

kirkdj said:
After they are mirrowed will a superdish pich up from the 148?
I mean without having to pay for a 2nd dish.

When will this mirroring happen?
There's a 105 Superdish, and a 121 Superdish. There aren't any other Superdishes (yet).

bbtkd said:
When my Dish was installed a few weeks ago, the independent installer said I would get a free dish installed at 61.5 if I called and said I wanted "The WB" channel. He said that it was part of the package I already bought but they don't give you the dish unless you ask for it - and actual Dish Network installers would come out to install it. I may try that...

WB channel...which channel is this? I have the Americas everything pak....

Amen. On the west coast (Snohomish, WA) an ant hill would ruin LOS to 61.5. :no :mad:

Is there any word on when the Voom channels wil be mirrored on the 148? As stated before, the 61.5 is extremely low in the horizon on the west coast. Where I live it's so low that a dish pointing at it would actually be pointing into a small hill.

I want my HD channels!! :)

EvilEuro

long_time_DNC said:
I'll have to be patient and wait for them to mirror to 148 because 61.5 is out of the question. I have a huge hill with big trees in the LOS at 16.5...

Still, this is great news!

Same here. 5000' mountains in the way. I am glad E* is adding HD but there are other channels I would rather have, U-HD and the rest of the networks ABC-HD, NBC-HD, FOX-HD, PBS-HD. Been looking at the content of the 10 V* channels and can't really find anything to get excited about, at $5 a month I don't know if I'll subscribe even if they mirror at 148. :cool:

NightRyder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts