Voom on Dish Network Channel Listing

I know where I can get a dish 300 for free, but the LNB is currently a legacy.

If I wanna be cheap I could always just use an ab switch when I wanna watch voom lol

I'm curious...since all 21 channels are already running on Rainbow-1 for the Voom subs, why the 10 now, rest later, by Dish?

Not complaining at all...just curious!

DWS44 said:
I'm curious...since all 21 channels are already running on Rainbow-1 for the Voom subs, why the 10 now, rest later, by Dish?

Not complaining at all...just curious!

Maybe new contracts need to be drawn up between Dish and HD programming providers. Voom does not own StarzHD, Cinemax HD and so on.

A reminder:

Subscribers in the following cities are eligible for a FREEEEEEEE dish FREEEEE installation and FREEEEEE switches with no strings attached as long as they subscribe to locals at the time of installation.
61.5° 148°
Atlanta, GA
Boston, MA
Buffalo, NY
Chicago, IL
Cleveland, OH
Detroit, MI
Greenville, SC
Indianapolis, IN
Louisville, KY
Memphis, TN
Minneapolis, MN
Nashville, TN
New York, NY
Orlando, FL
Paducah, KY
Philadelphia, PA
Pittsburgh, PA
Roanoke, VA
St. Louis, MO
Tampa, FL
Washington, D.C.

Subscribers with locals in any of the cities' locals package listed above are entitled to a FREE dish, installation and equipment necessary without any conditions. Call Dish Network at 1-800-333-DISH

See ya
Tony

Scott Greczkowski said:
Nope for customers who need a 61.5 Dish the cost is $100 (Not sure if that includes switches or not)
Thanks, Scott.

What about Voomers with Dishes pointed at 61.5? If we're new customers, I presume we'd get a free Dish, right?

And, also:

Scott Greczkowski said:
... it appears the only thing the VOOM Boxes would pick up would be the VOOM HD channels and not any other Dish Network programming.
You posted this Friday morning... Is this still true? Is Voom going to continue to broadcast Voom21/Voom10 to Voom customers on transponders not used by E*?

TNGTony said:
A reminder:

Subscribers in the following cities are eligible for a FREEEEEEEE dish FREEEEE installation and FREEEEEE switches with no strings attached as long as they subscribe to locals at the time of installation.
61.5° 148°
Greenville, SC

Woo hoo!

CDH.

Stargazer said:
Not to rub it in or anything but someone at DBSTalk beat you to it by posting at 8:23 pm earlier tonight.

9470: Rave HD - Call Letters: RAVE - Transponder 3
9471: Equator HD - Call Letters: EQUTR - Transponder 7
9472: Gallery HD - Call Letters: GLLRY - Transponder 1
9474: Animania HD - Call Letters: ANIMA - Transponder 7
9476: Rush HD - Call Letters: RUSH - Transponder 1
9478: Ultra HD - Call Letters: ULTRA - Transponder 5
9479: Guy TV HD - Call Letters: GUYTV - Transponder 3
9480: Majestic HD - Call Letters: MJSTC - Transponder 1
9481: Monsters HD - Call Letters: MNSTR - Transponder 5
9482: HD News - Call Letters: HDNWS - Transponder 3

All are being broadcasted in 8PSK

i am glad we found out about getting the channels first. you got to remember that he was at team summitt.

TNGTony said:
A reminder:

61.5° 148°
Atlanta, GA
Washington, D.C.

Subscribers with locals in any of the cities' locals package listed above are entitled to a FREE dish, installation and equipment necessary without any conditions. Call Dish Network at 1-800-333-DISH

See ya
Tony

When my Dish was installed a few weeks ago, the independent installer said I would get a free dish installed at 61.5 if I called and said I wanted "The WB" channel. He said that it was part of the package I already bought but they don't give you the dish unless you ask for it - and actual Dish Network installers would come out to install it. I may try that...

bbtkd said:
When my Dish was installed a few weeks ago, the independent installer said I would get a free dish installed at 61.5 if I called and said I wanted "The WB" channel. He said that it was part of the package I already bought but they don't give you the dish unless you ask for it - and actual Dish Network installers would come out to install it. I may try that...

That's exactly what I did to get CBS-HD. The local Spanish channels and a few indy stations were on 61.5 for Philadelphia. It was no trouble at all, and they installed it within the week.

Ok so since Im on the Dish 500 and Im a HD subscriber what do I need to do if I want to get the extra HD channels?? Kinda stinks you half to pay extra since they have already rasied our rates.

Oh one more thing do any of these new HD Channels have main websites like allot of others do??

TNGTony said:
A reminder:

61.5° 148°

See ya
Tony

Yeah that's what I did back in January as I figured if it's free it's for me. Got all hardware for nothing and install as well.

Because I purchased a 921 and signed up for the Dish home advantage with 180 pack I also got free HD for 6 months and no commitment.
I thought that was a nice offer.

This was all cool since I was coming from crapy cable but for many years I was a B.U.D. guy.

LOL! Well Im going to waite now Dish is saying you half to pay 100 bucks for a second dish which is stupid. Due to in the future you will not need one once things get on MPEG4 so waste if money and regulations say that Satellite Companys should only need one dish for their Customers. Which is true with the new MPEG4 in the future there is no need for them to do this. But for now I guess they half to do it this way which is stupid since most HD subscribers might half to for a extra dish. Oh one more thing I was told that the Voom HD pack was going to cost a extra $14 so I dont know about the $5 bucks. Either way rates have already gone up once and in the future everyone will or is going to halfto shell money for MPEG4 Receiver so I dont know will half to waite and see. Seems like folks are going to half to shell out more money in the near future.

Poke said:
LOL! Well Im going to waite now Dish is saying you half to pay 100 bucks for a second dish which is stupid. Due to in the future you will not need one once things get on MPEG4 so waste if money and regulations say that Satellite Companys should only need one dish for their Customers. Which is true with the new MPEG4 in the future there is no need for them to do this. But for now I guess they half to do it this way which is stupid since most HD subscribers might half to for a extra dish. Oh one more thing I was told that the Voom HD pack was going to cost a extra $14 so I dont know about the $5 bucks. Either way rates have already gone up once and in the future everyone will or is going to halfto shell money for MPEG4 Receiver so I dont know will half to waite and see. Seems like folks are going to half to shell out more money in the near future.

The one dish regulations are for locals only.

half = have

The Voom service is shutting down until 3:00AM Sunday EDT, so more like 3:00AM.

I expect a few hours turnaround time to change out encrypters and other details myself and that it'll be more like 6:00am to noon before they'll be broadcasting for E*.

Cheers,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts