Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Here you go guys.

Here are the channel lineups and channel numbers for VOOM on Dish Network!

9470: Rave HD - Call Letters: RAVE
9471: Equator HD - Call Letters: EQUTR
9472: Gallery HD - Call Letters: GLLRY
9474: Animania HD - Call Letters: ANIMA
9476: Rush HD - Call Letters: RUSH
9478: Ultra HD - Call Letters: ULTRA
9479: Guy TV HD - Call Letters: GUYTV
9480: Majestic HD - Call Letters: MJSTC
9481: Monsters HD - Call Letters: MNSTR
9482: HD News - Call Letters: HDNWS

Not to rub it in or anything but someone at DBSTalk beat you to it by posting at 8:23 pm earlier tonight.

9470: Rave HD - Call Letters: RAVE - Transponder 3
9471: Equator HD - Call Letters: EQUTR - Transponder 7
9472: Gallery HD - Call Letters: GLLRY - Transponder 1
9474: Animania HD - Call Letters: ANIMA - Transponder 7
9476: Rush HD - Call Letters: RUSH - Transponder 1
9478: Ultra HD - Call Letters: ULTRA - Transponder 5
9479: Guy TV HD - Call Letters: GUYTV - Transponder 3
9480: Majestic HD - Call Letters: MJSTC - Transponder 1
9481: Monsters HD - Call Letters: MNSTR - Transponder 5
9482: HD News - Call Letters: HDNWS - Transponder 3

All are being broadcasted in 8PSK

Sorry posting this stuff as fast as I can (and also processing a large number of photos which will be uploaded in a few moments.

BTW I just found out some bad news, the VOOM Package will cost $5 more a month and you must have the HD pack to get it.

Ahhh so that is true, booo :(

But if we commit to getting it, will they set us up with a Dish 300 and switches for free?

Can't post it all first but still this site rocks! I updated the information on what transponders the HD channels are at.

Obviously it wont work until voom shuts off because they gotta change it from to Digicipher to DVB and encrypt them if they choose to, currently the voom channels are un-encrypted.

Somebody said earlier today we would get 14 channels on May 1 including worldsports. Is it still true or not?

Thanks for the info Scott. :)

This might sound stupid...but which bird are these channels going to be beamed from? Do we have a final confirmation on it? TIA.

61.5 is where they are at right now and they will be mirrored to 148 later on. Them being on 61.5 is already a reality.

I have a Dish 500 and I subscribe to the HD Pak, will I need a 2nd dish to get these newly added channels?

If so, I have a couple more questions...please bear with me...

a) I have an old dish lying around...other than that what else do I need?
b) Do I call dish or stop by any local retailer to install this? I live around the Cincy area...does anyone have any recommendations/know someone w.r.t 2nd dish install?

Thanks for your patience....much appreciated. :)

The gaps in the list suggest that the initial thought may have been to start with 14. I am looking forward to the return of WorldSport.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Sorry posting this stuff as fast as I can (and also processing a large number of photos which will be uploaded in a few moments.

BTW I just found out some bad news, the VOOM Package will cost $5 more a month and you must have the HD pack to get it.

So I assume that to get the Voom channels you will have to call in to subscribe to them? I do have a 61.5 dish connected presently.
Thanks

BFG said:
Ahhh so that is true, booo :(

But if we commit to getting it, will they set us up with a Dish 300 and switches for free?

Nope for customers who need a 61.5 Dish the cost is $100 (Not sure if that includes switches or not)

REB said:
So I assume that to get the Voom channels you will have to call in to subscribe to them?
Thanks

The number will be 1-800-WOWHDTV. A 61.5 dish is needed along with the HD package. :)

If you have a Dish500 and its DishPro then a DP-34 switch will work but the lnbf for the Dish300 pointing towards 61.5 will also have to be DishPro.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)