Voom originals

riffjim4069 said:
HDNews does have possibility...IF they do it right and IF they make it available to other providers...cheaply.
Maybe. But I think the way they ignored/handled the Cablevision/Voom/Echostar/Dolan story diminished what little value this channel had.
If nothing else, perhaps they could create two half-hour shows daily and loop them 12 hours each? I just don't see it adding too much value in its current state. Anyway, I'm just happy with the statue quo until VOOM HD LLC finds funding, develops a business plan, etc.
I like the two half-hour loops idea well enough (interrupted for breaking news, or with live updates at the top/bottom of every hour?), but I don't see it happening. They don't seem committed to trying to make a legitimate news channel, IMO.

And in general, I'm happy with the status quo as well. But there's always room for improvement. And I'm just really disapointed with the way they handled all this. After they ignored the "bad news" (weak move), they probably should've just ignored the "good news" too if they want to be taken seriously. They could've tried to spin it that they don't report on their own company or something along those lines (although I'm not too sure who they'd be spinning it to, other than me :p ).

TheTimm said:
Maybe. But I think the way they ignored/handled the Cablevision/Voom/Echostar/Dolan story diminished what little value this channel had.
I like the two half-hour loops idea well enough (interrupted for breaking news, or with live updates at the top/bottom of every hour?), but I don't see it happening. They don't seem committed to trying to make a legitimate news channel, IMO.
Timm, I won't disagree with you one bit...but I think VOOM has been burdened with more pressing issues the past few months and haven't had time to concern themselves with this matter. Anyway, if they spend 1/10th as much time on HDNews as they have on improving Cinema10, then perhaps we shall be pleasantly surprised in the coming months.

Riff...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)