Voom originals

voomlover

Original poster
May 20, 2004
What do you think is the worst voom original Channel? If they were to keep the channels which ones should they keep and which ones should they get rid of. I love Rave, Rush, Worldsport and Equator. To many bad movie channels and moov is stupid. Hd news isnt bad they have good stuff once in a while. What do you guys think?

700 and 999 the barker channels. Why would we want to see advertising for something we already have? Moov and Auction are not far behind in uselessness.

Best originals? Monsters, Rave.

I agree that 700 and 999 are pointless.

The HDCinema 10 channels are my favorites (but I rarely if ever watch anything on KungFu or FamilyRoom, and it's been quite a while since Gunslingers aired anything I was interested in). Also like Rave, Moov (Lab), Ultra, Monsters, and WorldSport.

I never watch Gallery, Auction, or Rush.

I will sometimes glance at Animania, HDNews, and Equator, but wouldn't miss them much if they were gone.

I like the Monster, Guy TV, and sometimes Film Fest for Classics. No interest whatsoever in Auction or Gallery. Worldsports I guess is OK, but no great loss to me. The only sports I like in HD are the NFL (I have Direct TV for that, Direct TV seems to do the best job for sports). But Voom is great for movies, I hope they find a way to keep the Voom Originals. It would be great if Direct TV could find a way to stop worrying about local channels and more premium HD movie channels!

HD Cinema and Monsters included. I think the channel concept behind each HD cinema channel is great. With a selection of movies that will be 5-10 per day, the channels would look very good. But that is another concept.

WorldSport, HDNews, Rave, Gallery, Ultra, Animania (my kids love it), Equator, Rush,

the only two suspects will be Auction and Lab. Everything else I pretty much watch and try to catch everything new on them.

The thing about VOOM Originals is that each channel appeals to a separate niche audience. None of them are universally bad or universally great. For every single HD channel on VOOM you will find someone who doesn't care about it and someone who considers it among the favorites. But as a package they appeal to a very diverse audience: pretty much anyone can find something to his/her liking. There are channels on VOOM that I personally don't care about, never the less, I would vote for their right to exist. And I applaud VOOM for having guts to offer channels that do not necessarily appeal to the average crowd.

My absolute favorites are WorldCinema, FilmFest and WorldSport. My wife loves UltraHD - that's her top choice. I also like HDNews, Gallery, Equator, Rave and LAB: all these channels are showcasing High Definition, and have a great potential, IMO.

The three channels that I personally never watch and would not miss myself, are Auction, Animania and Monsters. But then again, each of them has its own audience, so I wouldn't want them gone. And of course, 999 and 700! I wouldn't miss those! :)

Monster and Kung-Fu channel are my favorites. I'm surprised not more people are listing Fu as a favorite especially since there was so much talk about it initially when it was first about to come out.

Worst, probably Lab and Auction. And yes I see no point in InVoom either.

I agree with Ilya's point about them all being valuable and all showcasing HD.

My favorites are Equator, Gallery, WorldCinema, and FilmFest. I also like HDNews, Rush, and Lab (especially Tank and Micro). Could care less about Rave, Ultra, Auction, Worldsport, and Animania.

But my basic feeling is to keep all the exclusive channels and ADD MORE! I am sure there are other HD channel concepts none of us have thought of yet.

And while I am at it: Congrats, Ilya, on your new responsibilities and recognition!

Respectifully Disagree

Howdy folk.

New Voomer, ~1week installed... woulda been a year ago but I didn't have a house until the past month.

With that said, Lab is one of my FAVORITE stations. :) It's *GREAT* background "noise". I use it during dinners or when folk are over, on, and in the background like a moving piece of art.

It's actually one of the primary reasons I switched over to Voom. :)

:D

-jbl

jasonbrent said:
Howdy folk.

New Voomer, ~1week installed... woulda been a year ago but I didn't have a house until the past month.

With that said, Lab is one of my FAVORITE stations. :) It's *GREAT* background "noise". I use it during dinners or when folk are over, on, and in the background like a moving piece of art.

It's actually one of the primary reasons I switched over to Voom. :)

:D

-jbl

That is the great thing about Voom. Something for everyone! :yes

I have never waivered in answering this question. LMAO

MOOV

and I disagree that they are all "worthy" with so many and so little worthy content Dolan has created many worthless wastes of bandwidth IMO. They occupy bandwidth that could have broadcast channels that would have brought in more subs and possibly kept them in business.

Ilya said:
The thing about VOOM Originals is that each channel appeals to a separate niche audience.

I think our sub numbers prove that targeting tiny niche groups when you need hundreds of thousands of subs just to break even is financial suicide. I just cant figure why Dolan didnt even try to save this ship instead he played games renaming channels? As a sub that may face having service terminated without notice that in particular pisses me off:mad:

Verizon vs. Voom?!

What I like to see is all major cable network should be in HD, now that it is rumored that Verizon is offering most of the cable networks in HD format soon. :shocked Voom better hurry so as not to get behind. With all the problems w/ voom installation I bet alot of people will switch back to cable if the cable companies are going to offer more channels in HD. No offense to voom but cable has a much better record when it comes to service and installation and especially local channels. So I hate to see voom lose because of this. :no

Veirizon Vrs Voom

I have no choice to Stay with Voom i can't get Cable and Verizon does not servive are area i do agree Voom has to get on the ball though they need to add some more HD channels soon.

Voom said they will add more HD channels in March so we have to wait and see be patient March is around the corner i just hope Voom does not go dark soon and we enjoy vooming for a long time.

Veirizon Vrs Voom

I have no choice to Stay with Voom i can't get Cable and Verizon does not servive are area i do agree Voom has to get on the ball though they need to add some more HD channels soon.

Voom said they will add more HD channels in March so we have to wait and see be patient March is around the corner i just hope Voom does not go dark soon and we enjoy vooming for a long time. :D

Sorry

Sorry about that double post my PC is acting up again i guess i click the submit button twice.LOL :D

MOOV makes me pretty sad. I'm sad because I no longer do any drugs and man, if I only had that to watch while muchin some shrooms or rollin my @ss off ! :D:D:D

I can only imagine!

I now have an opinion on HDNews, so I thought I'd share it.
I can't imagine ever having a real use for it. They're not a real news station in my opinion. 21 (22?) days ago they didn't say a word about the sale to E*, but they for damn sure are covering the good news of last night. IMO, you can't ignore the bad news and just report the positive stuff and still be considered a real news station. They now pretty much have zero credibility to me. "HD"? yes. "News"? not really - more like advertising. Boooo, HDNews.....booo. :no

HDNews does have possibility...IF they do it right and IF they make it available to other providers...cheaply. If nothing else, perhaps they could create two half-hour shows daily and loop them 12 hours each? I just don't see it adding too much value in its current state. Anyway, I'm just happy with the statue quo until VOOM HD LLC finds funding, develops a business plan, etc.