Voom Outrage

gels

Original poster
Sep 29, 2003
*Have posted this in a couple of places and hope this is not a problem with this group, but I think people need to know.

I'm going to be moving house and checked with Voom to see what the cost would be.
They have a $125.00 transfer fee, which is OK.

However, when I inquired about adding a second box I was told that would cost $499.00 or $9.50 rental PLUS $199.00 installation fee, but then was told as I purchased the original I could not rent.

Therefore I would have to pay $499.00 for the box PLUS $199.00 installation fee PLUS $125 transfer fee for my original box. This is totally outrageous!!!!

Something has got to be wrong here.

When I have more time I'll call back and speak to a supervisor and see if I can get the $199.00 install for free.

If you read this Wilt what is your take on it? Thanks.

It seems it would be cheaper to start over and rent 2 boxes or just to give up on VOOM and get a free setup with DTV or DISH. This I do not want to do but I'm not going to be robbed.

When I signed up for Voom last June the CSR assured me there was no transfer fee. I even had him double check with his supervisor before I signed up since we have been planning on moving soon. Now that we are actively looking for a new house to buy, and hope to move by Christmas, I really hope I don't find that I was given misinformation. Try calling another CSR, and if they don't give you an answer you feel is acceptable, email Wilt directly. Please keep this thread updated for Voomer like me who are going to be in your situation soon. Thanks.

Will indeed keep you posted and hope there is a change of heart from VOOM.

:yes

$125 transfer fee? This is ridiculous, it takes what? 2 minutes to key in your new phone and address? No other provider charges a transfer fee and Dish will move you for free with a 1 year commitment.

Don't tell them you're moving, just go ahead and install it yourself then call them and give them a change of billing address.

DarrellP said:
Don't tell them you're moving, just go ahead and install it yourself then call them and give them a change of billing address.

Sounds like a good advice. I would do the same. Not that I support "cheating" but their system is not up to the task yet and "maneuvers" like that should be justified. :)

You don't grow your customer base by raking them over the coals. I fear VOOM is going to learn this the hard way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)