Voom Policy

Vreesar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 17, 2004
Chicago Suburbs
So it finally rained while I was home lastnight. Wasn't much of anything but a soft rain. Yep you guessed it, completely lost the sat signal while it did rain (OTA stayed solid). So, I figure I'll call Voom today and see about possibly getting a larger dish. The CSR tells me they have the 30' dish but its only in the test phase and only available to acredited (nope, don't think he was kidding) Voom testers. So I ask how I could become "acredited" to test for Voom. He tells me that I would have to take this up with Install's. He then proceeds to give me a number to call. 1-800-443-2306 which tells you to dial 1-800-400-8255 which, as you will find, is a sex line ROFL.

That kinda ticked me off. I understand how they have to follow company policy and all. I work in a call center myself (though its third level) and sometimes have to give the company speel but jeez, at least give me the correct information even if it is just a run around.

Anyway, I know I've seen Wilt's email on this page Dozen's of times but for the life of me I can't find it. :no Figured I would shoot him off an email with this and some more info and possibly request a larger dish if any have the address.

P.S.
Sat Signal 97 on a clear day.

Not sure Rickster LOL. Am here at work and (not thinking about it) I had my desk phone on speaker (hands free). ROFL Soon as I heard what came across I scrambled to disconnect. :eek:

Funny story, but I'd be pissed too. I had a similar experience, but I was given the correct number but incorrect area code. (I was given an "800" area code when it should have been "888".)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)