Voom Premiere Summer begins 7/4/04

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
I just the Voom Guide Guy and Shari Albert. On 7/4 Voom will air premiere content on all exclusive channels which will start a whole of bunch new content for the summer.

Seems like Voom always premiers content at the beginning of the month, so this is probably not much different.

Seems like Voom has already added a lot of different movies to the Cinema 10 since I subscribed in April. :) Pretty good for "basic service".

-John

I know one for EquatorHD:

COMING IN JULY ...

Elsewhere

Reindeer herding in Finland, Nintendo in the African bush. Visiting one exotic location per month over the course of a year, award-winning documentary filmmaker Nicolas Geyerhalter set out with a high definition camera crew and plan to let people speak for themselves. The result is a stark, revealing and often stunning portrayal of life in our planet's most remote locations."

Source: http://www.voom.com/vhdo/equa/index.jsp

I shot a picture of the this summer premiere stuff....

Attachments

• MVC-127F.JPG
    MVC-127F.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 249
Tomorrows July 1, what's the big deal? In Sean's listing for Premiers, there is twice as much in June as in July, so "Where's the Beef?".

Read everything about the summer premiere here... I am surprise about Tank in MOOV. Wasn't someone asking for a big aquarium on MOOV? You've got your wish...

http://www.voom.com/vhdo/summer/index.jsp

Here's a summary:

Sunday, July 4th
Reservations Required

An exclusive tour of the legendary Nick & Toni's restaurant in East Hampton, plus farming on the historic Rockefeller estate. Hosted by Jacqui Malouf and Ed Levine.

Monday, July 5th
Tank HD

The beauty of nature floats right into your home and transforms any HDTV into the world's most exotic aquarium. See fascinating creatures from aquatic environments close enough to touch!

Tuesday, July 6th
Winners Take All (1986)

A team of motocross riders try to perfect their skills to win a race. Don Michael Paul and Kathleen York star.

Wednesday, July 7th
Hard Water: Acura Cup

The Farr 40 fleet competes off the Miami coast at the ACURA SORC race week - with an unexpected crash and non-stop action right up to the emotional finish!

Thursday, July 8th
Hoosiers (1986)

Gene Hackman and Dennis Hopper star in an emotional, come from behind basketball tale - one of the most acclaimed sports films of all time!

Friday, July 9th
Big Wide Toon Takeover

The toons are taking over the weekends this summer:
Felix the Cat: (July 9-11)
Felix is a fun-loving feline from the 1950's - but the evil professor wants his magic bag of tricks. Yeah - try and catch that cat!

Saturday, July 10th
Birdcage (1996)

Robin Williams and Nathan Lane star as two longtime companions who suddenly have to "go straight" when their son brings home his fiancé and her ultra conservative dad.

Sunday, July 11th
Party Flash: Hamptons Special #1

Getting in is a shore thing when you hit the Hampton's coolest summer parties with celebrity photographer, Patrick McMullan.

Monday, July 12th
Great Artists: Leonardo da Vinci

Art historian Tim Marlow introduces us to yet another legend - this time it's the Renaissance genius

COMING UP...

7/13 - MOOV HD

Tank HD

7/14 - WorldSport HD
Heineken Regatta

7/15 - Monsters HDDouble Double Header

7/16 - Rave HD

Soundstage Presents: Chicago

chewy said:
It would be nice to see a movie that was made in this century.

Why?? I mean, I actually kind of like some of the older movies they are showing on the Voom channels. If you want newer movies though, that's what the premium channels are for.

Sure it would be nice for them to show new movies on their standard channels, but what are the chances of that really happening? That's what pay-per-view and then HBO/TMC/SHO/MAX make their money on.

As for the movies they do show, of course there is room for improvement. I don't think newer is necessarily better though. And yes, they could definitely show a better selection. There's a thread on suggestions for movies for the Monsters channel. Most of those are older movies and would be great if they could get them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)