VOOM Receiver Code for Programing Remote?

PBHDinSD

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 9, 2004
San Diego
Is there remote code for the VOOM receiver? I would like to program another remote to control the receiver. I did a search for this info in the Voom forum but could not find any info.

If VOOM/Motorola is not listed, try codes for General Instrument (GI), Jerrold or Primestar.

PBHDinSD said:
Is there remote code for the VOOM receiver? I would like to program another remote to control the receiver. I did a search for this info in the Voom forum but could not find any info.

Also look for Motorola or General Instruments model DSR-922, also known as the "4DTV".

I'm using my Philips Pronto to control both VOOM and 4DTV. I had to change the address of the latter to avoid the conflict.

I have been trying to find the discrete power codes for the VOOM receiver for quite some time. I believe they do not exist yet. I have emailed even Wilt on the Yahoo forum for these, and he doesn't know but said he would look into it. I sent a second email a week later, and haven't received a return. On Remote Central they say there are no discrete power codes for the VOOM receiver. The rest of the codes may be taught easily from the remote. I have a full pronto file which works great except for the On and Off, only power toggle.

Anyone with a hometheater master MX700 can find the codes on remotecentral.com

I don't recall if it has all the codes, but with this remote learning from another remote is so easy that adding a few by the manual learning method is no big deal.

We had a remotes sticky thread under the Information subforum which had downloadable files for the Pronto & MX. The "stock" MX is missing a few keys (but should be in the updatable data sets from Universal).

Tim

yaaay i just used the code for General Insturment for my onkyo remote. and it worked! i guess i have to use that remote instead of my sony tv one cause i dont know where the crap the manual is for that thing.

babyj said:
yaaay i just used the code for General Insturment for my onkyo remote. and it worked! i guess i have to use that remote instead of my sony tv one cause i dont know where the crap the manual is for that thing.
Just make sure to configure your remote for volume punch-through, so that volume up/down IR commands are not sent to the STB. I haven't tried this in the latest version, but in 508 this caused an immediate lockup!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)