Echostar to sell VoOm receivers and Programming via VoOm??

Smthkd said:
New Challenge:
Why would Rainbow DBS Company LLC start a rebate program if they intend to sell off all rights, assets and any programming to the competition? Hmmmm! Especially 1 week before announcing a deal to sell to Echostar! :eek: Seems a little stupid to me if Im trying to save my company money from a gold-digging trick like VoOm :yes :D
As noted, the Brandsmart program is OLD. But Voom has been operating in "business as usual" mode despite selling their DBS platform (but NOT the service or customers!) to a competitor.
Smthkd said:
By the way, I dont disagree with you, just trying to figure out stupid decisions made by good old ex-Voom owners! :p Its just weird to hear sales-reps claim E* and V* and working together.
I suppose that is as close as we are going to get to an apology for bringing that tripe story into the forum. If you had presented it as "guess what those dumb salereps are saying" instead of as truth ...

JL

justalurker said:
...If you had presented it as "guess what those dumb salereps are saying" instead of as truth ...
JL
Well that was the purpose of the tread, Just trying to get your attention thats all! (Your Formal Apology) ---- Sorry you guys!! :) I just thought it was so weird, I mean 5 salesman and a manger saying the same thing!!!

Why would it be weird that they all said the same thing? They all work for the same person, they were all given the same "party line" in the daily/weekly briefing on how to push what. From their point of view, they needed to come up with an answer for people that expressed a concern.

That they made that answer up is...well...that's sales.

Lob

justalurker said:
I suppose that is as close as we are going to get to an apology for bringing that tripe story into the forum. If you had presented it as "guess what those dumb salereps are saying" instead of as truth ...

JL

Now it was his thread that he started and he stayed on topic without denigrating anyone else. Even though we all agee it was sales talk.

This thread is misleading and an overreaction based on little fact. I wish Sean would re-edit the title or pull it.

gutter said:
Now it was his thread that he started and he stayed on topic without denigrating anyone else. Even though we all agee it was sales talk.
"Sales Talk" needs to be presented as sales talk ... unless you want to open the forum to threads of fiction.

There's an idea - let's start a thread where I say I was in a Radio Shack in a small midwestern town and they said VoOm stopped taking orders this morning and will cease transmissions next Tuesday! Would that thread be supported here as long as the OP stayed on topic? Nope. We EXPECT that people posting here will at least believe what they are posting is true - and if they believe it is false they should say so.

So when I start that "a contact who works for a major US company says VoOm will go foom next Tuesday" thread based on what the snot nosed geek at a RS said, it needs to be said with the disclaimer that I don't believe him. Anything less is just clutter.

JL
(BTW: I'm not saying all RS employees are snot nosed geeks, just the one in the example.)

Justalurker...but he did believe what he posted. And he wanted confirmation or a good reason why he should dismiss it. I think everyone told him the truth and why but did it without tearing him down. Come on! This forum is for everyone... Even you.

So, It seems like I was correct about the programming and the sale persons here at BrandsMart USA was right! ..... Well at least about the Voom 21 Exclusives programming coming to Dish!

Smthkd said:
So, It seems like I was correct about the programming and the sale persons here at BrandsMart USA was right! ..... Well at least about the Voom 21 Exclusives programming coming to Dish!
A broken watch is
right twice a day.

He was speaking without knowledge and got lucky.

JL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)