VOOM Receiver Lock up...

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Today for the first time since my installation both receivers locked up when I turned them on. They would not respond to anything and I had to reboot them. They came back after reboot. I will keep monitoring to see if this behavior continues.

I've had lock up several times too. You know, wives could make or break Voom. If my wife tries to turn on Voom and the receiver keeps locking up and/or always has to download guide content, she won't use it and will complain that she wants to keep Dish. But she's right! We should be able to turn on the service, check the guide to see what's on, and go to various channels to watch our programs. That shouldn't be that difficult for Voom to do. Doesn't matter if its a hardware issue, or a software issue, or an installation issue. If it doesn't work when we turn it on...

ds5178

You got it. If it doesn't pass the wife test VOOM is toast...well, except to the subculture of HDTV geeks, but you can't run a network with just them.

I've had many lockups today after having over a week of no lockups. I also had a temporary loss of signal today. Satellite signal quality dropped to 12 for awhile but is now at 50. The sky has been overcast all day but I don't know if this had anything to do with it. I never lost the signal before, even during snow and rain storms.

Hope they update the software soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)