VOOM receiver will not boot up!?!

Unapologetic Liberal

Original poster
Mar 16, 2005
Pennsylvania
Hi,

I just had my VOOM system installed on Thursday, and everything was working fine. The HD was looking great and I was loving the VOOM originals. I then unhooked and unplugged the VOOM receiver so that I could put it into my A/V component rack, and when I plugged it back in, it would not come back on. :no Everything is hooked up correctly, so I called VOOM. They did the "soft" re-boot (holding the power button down for 5 seconds), which didn't work. The we did a "hard" boot (holding the power button down for one minute) which didn't work either. Then he did some type of boot which shut the system down, and I had to wait 30 minutes or so. That didn't work either. Each of these times however, the main VOOM screen would come up in the begining (it says...."VOOM starting, please wait"...) and then it would just go to black. I am so frustrated right now, because all I want to do is kick back and watch RAVE , dammit! :music Does anyone have any other suggestions I could try? I tried changing resolutions, which isn't working either. PLEASE HELP! :no

Thanks!

New, and frustrated VOOMER.

Call voom and tell them you need to talk to someone in tech support? Not sure what is going on here this is the 2nd time this week someone has posted the same problem.

tyork

Unapologetic Liberal...I certainly won't blame you if you won't blame me for voting the other way! :)

I would call VoOM back and tell them this is not acceptable and demand to speak with a tech. I'm no expert on any of this, but it sounds to me like it has to be something pretty simple...but the Customer Service reps may (make that Probably) won't be able to help.

Call them back and demand Tech Support...tonight! :) Vicki

I just call voom myself and they are say that it this is program issue that what has happen that the download didn't get finshed they suggested that you call them back and that them send more signal to your box. let me know if they don't help you and maybe i can get ahold of tech support first thing in the morning .

tyork

I just got off the phone with Tech Support. He basically ran me through the same re-booting drills. Then we tried new cables also. Screen is still black (except in the begining when I get the VOOM start-up screen). Even the Tech Guy seemed baffled that I would get the start-up screen and then it would suddenly go black. We tried hooking into different inputs, still to no avail. I don't know.....I'm confused. I'm new to satallite altogther. I alomost wish I didn't get to see VOOM for the first day......because now I know what I'm missing, and it's making me more iritated! hehehe

Thanks for your help thus far.....I'm glad I found this site. I've gotten lots of good input from many of the threads so far.

i will make a phone call in the morning to see what i can find out

let your box say on all night and see what it is doing by morning

Hopefully, TYORK's suggestions will help..I experienced similar difficulties last summer, but if you liked the brief glimples you've seen...I would encourage you to hang in there for a bit...let TYORK help you, if it's within her realm of influence, and I doubt you'll be sorry you suffered the "bruises" that exist presently...Vicki

Try cycling through the little red button on the bottom right hand corner of your stb, there is a little flip down door. Your output may be stuck on 720p and your TV will not accept that. Every time you push the red button, watch the light bars. The top light flashing will be 1080i, the second light 720p, the 3rd light, 480i and all 4 flashing, auto. You want the top light to flash, so cycle through them until the top light flashes and see if you get a picture.

Unapologetic Liberal said:
They set up the installer to come back out next Thursday, but I'm not into waiting almost a week until I can watch TV again.

No message. Just wanted you to see the REAL PRESIDENT. Not some Kennedy crum. Normally I would ignore people like Liberal, but when I checked it's profile and saw "F*** The President" I had to speak out. I did not like Clinton but I respected the office. I would never lower myself to your liberal mentality,especially in a TIME OF WAR . That said, I am going to avoid a political showdown with Liberal (kerry lost) in this forum by submitting it's title to my ignore list.
God Bless America and those that lead Her ! :D

Cycling through the little red button does nothing. My projector does 720P. Leaving on all night did not fix the problem. On top of this, another box that I've had no problem with says DVI conflict this morning.

APorter said:
Cycling through the little red button does nothing. My projector does 720P. Leaving on all night did not fix the problem. On top of this, another box that I've had no problem with says DVI conflict this morning.

aporter send me your phone number i am going to call tech support on this to see what they say but i need a phone number so they can look at your accout.

Tech Support

Tyork, not sure which tech support you are calling, 800 get voom gets you customer service, which also handles tech problems, right along with billing questions. This problem showed up right after the encoder download and does not affect all customers. soft and hard boots, by the way U.L., a hard boot is unplugging the receiver for thirty seconds, not using the power button. Also, is your sat light on the receiver green or red, did you check your software version, did you try different inputs, did the CSR remove your equipment from the system and re-add it and send hits and an account balance hit? These are all steps that I would try. AS for the DVI conflict, as of now, you can try changing the sequence that you turn your system on, or change to component cables. Motorola and Voom are working on this issue and hopefully it will be resolved soon.
Another thing that you might try is to take out the diplexor and connect directly to the sat input. Most of us here do not know why this is happening, but it seems to be following a pattern. Almost every time that it does happen it is after the customer moved the receiver to a different location. was receiver turned off, or unplugged prior to disconnecting any cables? This is a hard one to work with over the phone, there are only so many things that we can try before a tech is necessary. Good luck..

spahoose said:
Tyork, not sure which tech support you are calling, 800 get voom gets you customer service, which also handles tech problems, right along with billing questions. This problem showed up right after the encoder download and does not affect all customers. soft and hard boots, by the way U.L., a hard boot is unplugging the receiver for thirty seconds, not using the power button. Also, is your sat light on the receiver green or red, did you check your software version, did you try different inputs, did the CSR remove your equipment from the system and re-add it and send hits and an account balance hit? These are all steps that I would try. AS for the DVI conflict, as of now, you can try changing the sequence that you turn your system on, or change to component cables. Motorola and Voom are working on this issue and hopefully it will be resolved soon.
Another thing that you might try is to take out the diplexor and connect directly to the sat input. Most of us here do not know why this is happening, but it seems to be following a pattern. Almost every time that it does happen it is after the customer moved the receiver to a different location. was receiver turned off, or unplugged prior to disconnecting any cables? This is a hard one to work with over the phone, there are only so many things that we can try before a tech is necessary. Good luck..

yeah that is who you guys talk to but i have a voom tech support cell number so if i have a problem i call him directly.

JMD,

he is a liberal, doing what they do best, demand things!!!

does that shock you? hell he will probably vote for the first D*ke next election!!

god bless the USA and president W, RONNIE! RONNIE! RONNIE!

dragon

Dragon,

I don't know who you are...yet, but I am familiar with your writing style (or lack thereof). Why don't you tell us who you are before someone matches your current alias with one of your former aliases?

Now is the time to come clean.....

Just realized after reading your last post...that I tore into you sometime last summer for your repeated tactless antics and generally acting the fool. Don't have time to search through my posts at this late hour.

The DVI conflict has fixed itself tonight. Still can't get the other box to turn on. I've tried every video input available, a different tv, different rg6 cables, but nothing worked. If I can't get it to work it"s going to take 10 days before I can get new box.

Well, I might vote for a dike in the...

dragon002 said:
JMD,

he is a liberal, doing what they do best, demand things!!!

does that shock you? hell he will probably vote for the first D*ke next election!!

god bless the USA and president W, RONNIE! RONNIE! RONNIE!

dragon

next election if she is the best person for the job. That is my only requirement for someone for whom I vote.

Still enjoying HDTV under rainy Seattle skies, Gill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)