VOOM refund.....?

sprinklerguy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 16, 2003
I have E now and am considering voom for the HD content only for now...and of course then I would downgrade my content on E....roughly same price when done.

I am excited about the OTA installation as I am quite "thumbsy" and don't want to do that myself. will the install guy have enough knowledge do you think to present me with issues that might cause problems with my antenna install prior to installation so I can get the stuff he might need....such as a pole to mount antenna?

also, the refund....how many hoops do you think we will have to jump through in order to get a refund should we be unhappy...

sorry about the pessimism but personal history causes me to be that way.

It would be cheaper for me to do the Dish HD and wait them out...but I am just as excited by this new company as I was by Dish when I got them many years ago during their startup phase.....

sprinklerguy said:
I am excited about the OTA installation as I am quite "thumbsy" and don't want to do that myself. will the install guy have enough knowledge do you think to present me with issues that might cause problems with my antenna install prior to installation so I can get the stuff he might need....such as a pole to mount antenna?

Prior to installation might be difficult since the installer will not make any trips to your location prior to the installation date. You probably can speak to the installer prior your installation. It will be best if you can find out which digital stations you can receive within your geographical area. If you go to www.antennaweb.com (I think this is correct; let me know if it's not), you can find out what digital stations are transmitting within your location and what type of antenna you will never to pull your OTA channels. I do not know how the installers are installing the OTA Stealth Antenna. I opted not install it since I already had one installed in my roof. If anybody can answer to this, it will be appreciated. Does the Stealth antenna that VOOM provides needs a pole or is it mounted to the chimney?

sprinklerguy said:
also, the refund....how many hoops do you think we will have to jump through in order to get a refund should we be unhappy...

Good question. I do not think we are there yet but I heard that the procedure is very simple. The installer comes and gets the dish, receiver, ota antenna and amplifier and you will get reimburse either through your credit card or through a check. I read that there was somebody who did this and he never complaint about not getting his money back. I hope this answer your questions...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)