SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2004
Voom menu botton = C Band ti filter on and off
Voom channel down = C Band satellite grid
Voom program info up & down = C Band channel up & down
Voom program info right & left = C Band volume
Voom "back" = C Band "back"

Any way to stop this? I can't keep unplugging the C Band GI650i receiver whenever I use Voom. Can't get another C Band remote - the GI650i has been out of production for years. It uses UHF freq.

Egads,

Boondockbill said:
Voom menu botton = C Band ti filter on and off
Voom channel down = C Band satellite grid
Voom program info up & down = C Band channel up & down
Voom program info right & left = C Band volume
Voom "back" = C Band "back"

Any way to stop this? I can't keep unplugging the C Band GI650i receiver whenever I use Voom. Can't get another C Band remote - the GI650i has been out of production for years. It uses UHF freq.

Egads,

You might try covering the IR window on your GI650 IRD. This will stop the Voom remote from operating it while still allow operation via UHF. You may also need to put tape on the GI650 remote to prevent that from operating the Voom STB.

The newer GI/Motorola IRD's allow changing the codes for the remote but I don't believe that is possible with the 650. If I can find my manual for the 650 I will check.

Hope this helps.

dishdtv said:
You might try covering the IR window on your GI650 IRD. This will stop the Voom remote from operating it while still allow operation via UHF. You may also need to put tape on the GI650 remote to prevent that from operating the Voom STB.

The newer GI/Motorola IRD's allow changing the codes for the remote but I don't believe that is possible with the 650. If I can find my manual for the 650 I will check.

Hope this helps.
Thats excatly what I had to do, tape over front of 4DTV reciever, and front of its remote also, now its all good.....voom remote opetates voom by IR, and 4DTV remote operates 4DTV by UHF....but I don't use it anymore cause I am hooked on voom....LOL.......had all my programming on C-Band turned off, I can still use it for wild feeds though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)