Voom Reps In Sears

butlers

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 26, 2004
I was in my local Sears hear in Charleston, SC and there was a VOOM Rep, not employed by Sears, but by VOOM, and she was there talking and selling the product to anyone who was looking at the TV's. I spoke with her and she said that it was going to happen in alot of the Sears. She also said there would be another channel or two here in a few weeks, but she wouldn't elaborate. I think it is a smart move by VOOM to have there reps in there if they are still going to utilize Sears.

Good for Voom. I think Voom's biggest mistake so far has been affiliating with Sears. Was the woman . . . um . . a good salesperson? Hot babes promoting HD to nerdish A/V guys is great marketing.

She was drop dead, but she definitely had the knowledge, to go with it. She was trying to eductae the sales reps also!!!

I work for an up and coming retailer in a upper level management position.
All I can say is I can feel the tide of VOOM. If you have been around a success story you know how to recognize the signs.All the naysayers and analysts. If you've played golf then you know what sand bagging is. I feel a little of that with V*. Sometimes when people want something to succeed, they choose to express with negativity, for failure of being wrong.IT's more painful to say " That thing is going to be huge" and be wrong then it is to say " They'll never make it" and be wrong. I think V* will succeed, it's just that feeling!!!

I'm glad she was educating the Sears people, and good point about the negative nancys. Brains and beauty? Was this Sears in Eastern NM? :devil

cyuhnke said:
I'm glad she was educating the Sears people, and good point about the negative nancys. Brains and beauty? Was this Sears in Eastern NM? :devil

It is a waste of time training the drones at the volume retailers since their staff turnover rates and minimal wage ensure that the person they train this month will be gone next month. Voom should stick with kiosks within stores and malls, with staff dedicated to selling Voom. Even if they have turnover, the people would be selling it constantly and will be way more familiar than retail drones. The should also be sure to be represented at home shows, etc.

Given the cost of setting up and maintaining a kiost, having a Voom representative show up in the Sears electronics department during prime shopping time to pitch Voom is an excellant idea.

This sounds like Voom's way of keeping their cost down vs. giving retailers a commission just as Dish Network and DirecTv does. It seems as if they want to go in house and have an outlet to sell their product. Perhaps this is what is needed though to get their business started until they can get their costs down on the hardware, to keep acquisition costs down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts