Voom Rocks!

Rave vs. MHD

Nice thoughts from everyone. This is very refreshing. All the good about Voom. A couple of comments about it being down rezzed but I don't have a problem on my 57" 720P set. It looks just as good as any of the other channels.

We have had MHD for about 2 months now and I still gotta like Rave better. Phil Collins, Peter Gabriel, Genesis, Peter Frampton, Fleetwood Mac, Eric Clapton, David Gilmour, Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr.. Have I left anything out? All recently on Rave but some of these shows have been playing every few months for years. I don't care, I still listen to CD's I have had for 20 years.

Well it's obvious what I seem to like.. lol. Has there been anything considered "Classic Rock" on MHD? I haven't spotted anything yet. If anyone sees something like that, please alert me. Thanks ahead of time.

I almost forgot my favorite band. I caught a 20 minute or so segment of Yes on one of the Montreaux Jazz Festivals over a year ago. There seem to be many installments of that show. I would love it if they came up with a full Yes concert. Sure I have many DVD's but I would like to see what Rave (or MHD) could come up with.

Later.. with Jools Holland has some nice surpises too. Elton John, Jackson Browne, Eric Clapton, Elvis Costello, Paul Simon.. Just a few names that appeared on that show. I know I am leaving many names out here but you get the idea.

Thanks to Voom we have Rave. Don't ever think about replacing that channel.

If you took all the repeats off of VOOM, you could condense the 15 channels down to at least 7 or 8 and free up a lot of bandwidth.

If you took all the repeats off of VOOM, you could condense the 15 channels down to at least 7 or 8 and free up a lot of bandwidth.

This is exactly what I didn't want here. On the very first thread I said if you wanted to start bashing Voom, take it somewhere else.

Could a moderator just get rid of this reply? Or move it to a new Voom Stinks! thread. Or something like that.

This is the good Voom topic zone. Lets keep it that way. For all to see.

Finally getting to see hi-def versions of rare, classic B/W films like "Wages of Fear", "Night of the Hunter" and "Man in the White Suit", are totally unexpected and just mind blowing to us.

Love it! :hungry:

For what?

It seems like the channels people want are USA or SCFI and from what I understand it is not a bandwidth issue that is holding up those channels. It is negotiations.

Plus I would take Voom reruns over stretched reruns of 10 year old network programming any day. (cough...TBS...cough)

Aside from baseball TBS HD has been a huge disappointment for me so far.

Plus the re-runs on Voom allow me to record in the middle of the night and save my tuners during the day. AND no commercials.

HBO does the same thing. Should we dump HBO too to make room for channels and/or programming that don't exist?

Last edited:
This is exactly what I didn't want here. On the very first thread I said if you wanted to start bashing Voom, take it somewhere else.

It depends on your point of view. If some of the channels were condensed it would make the Voom package better. Sometimes less is more :D

Already been dome

It depends on your point of view. If some of the channels were condensed it would make the Voom package better. Sometimes less is more :D

They have already been condensed. I'm a Voom legacy from the original Voom sat company. There were originally 21 channels. Here is an except from Wikipedia:

The Voom HD Networks were originally part of the Voom DTH satellite platform launched by Cablevision. Its goal was to become the first television provider with a lineup comprised mainly of High Defintion TV networks, in addition to regular Standard defintion channels. As part of this endeavour, Voom launched 21 original channels that were completely in HD. After the failure and shutdown of the Voom service, Rainbow Media kept the HD channels going and relaunched them under the name Voom HD Networks. Due to issues surrounding the formatting of the channels, they decided to reduce them from 21 to 15 and thus provide better programming on each one.

Nice thoughts from everyone. This is very refreshing. All the good about Voom. A couple of comments about it being down rezzed but I don't have a problem on my 57" 720P set. It looks just as good as any of the other channels.

We have had MHD for about 2 months now and I still gotta like Rave better. Phil Collins, Peter Gabriel, Genesis, Peter Frampton, Fleetwood Mac, Eric Clapton, David Gilmour, Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr.. Have I left anything out? All recently on Rave but some of these shows have been playing every few months for years. I don't care, I still listen to CD's I have had for 20 years.

Well it's obvious what I seem to like.. lol. Has there been anything considered "Classic Rock" on MHD? I haven't spotted anything yet. If anyone sees something like that, please alert me. Thanks ahead of time.

I almost forgot my favorite band. I caught a 20 minute or so segment of Yes on one of the Montreaux Jazz Festivals over a year ago. There seem to be many installments of that show. I would love it if they came up with a full Yes concert. Sure I have many DVD's but I would like to see what Rave (or MHD) could come up with.

Later.. with Jools Holland has some nice surpises too. Elton John, Jackson Browne, Eric Clapton, Elvis Costello, Paul Simon.. Just a few names that appeared on that show. I know I am leaving many names out here but you get the idea.

There also was that Alice Cooper concert at The Montreaux Jazz which I think has only aired a couple times that was great for us older guys

There also was that Alice Cooper concert at The Montreaux Jazz which I think has only aired a couple times that was great for us older guys

Who are you calling older guys? lol

The older guys are in to Benny Goodman. :D

And you are right.. I did see Alice there some time ago. 18 was one of the songs I remember.

Billy Idol concert was recenty broadcast on Rave (brand new in Spring '07, from Chicago, I think). It was frackin brilliant. I forgot how much i miss the 80s.

Yeah Voom is great and they have things on their channels you will not see any where else. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)