Voom Rocks!

Yes616

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 8, 2006
Poinciana Place, FL
You might be crazy if you don't like Voom! Or you just don't get it.

I usually watch lots on Monsters and Rave. Those are my usual favorites.

I saw The Nutcracker earlier tonight on FilmFest. Man did that take me way back and I loved it. Next came.. The Kids Are Alright. It's still on and I can't get enough of stuff like this. Great stuff by "The Who"!!

Excellent picture quality always on Voom. I have had it since it came to Dish and never had a complaint on picture quality. Everything HD! Yes, lots of repeats but the library is growing. Yes, they do add stuff!

Come on people! No Voom bashing here. Just tell what you like about it. If you don't like Voom, take it to another thread but this is the place to talk about what you like about Voom! So all can see the best of it.

Voom has 4 good channels (Rave, Filmfest, HDN and World Cinema) that's it. IF it was in 1920x1080 it would look even better.

filmfest has an ocassionaly good movie

i personally miss the movie selection when the channels were labeled guy tv and majestic versus film and kungfu

i watch hdn when im really bored, funny how they can make a short 12 minutes hard to sit through

I think it's funny that Dish has the Voom channels, HDN shows FSNY-HD, SNY-HD and MSG-HD highlights of the NY teams, and Dish still hasn't launched those channels yet.

Gotta say - we do watch a fair amount of Voom here too ... sure there are repeats .. but name me another non-network channel that does not have repeats.

Rave is excellent, I can't drag the wife away from Mosters. Rush, Equator, and Worldsport also have their fair share of programs that I watch too.

For us personally .. Voom is one of the reasons we are still with Dish rather than with Cable.

There's some great Gerry Anderson stuff on Family Room. I'd love to see Space: 1999 on there eventually.

I also enjoy Treasure, some fun things on there.

i love monsters and rave too! i also like animania! im new to dish so i dont know if there were other voom channels? if so i would love to know which ones and what happened to them?

Family Room, HDN, Animania, Filmfest, Gallery, Treasure, Worldsport, Rave, Rush take up about 80% of our viewing time. Miss Gunslingers.
I don't get how anybody doesn't get the value of the Voom suite of channels.
It's what sets Dish above the rest.

Voom has 4 good channels (Rave, Filmfest, HDN and World Cinema) that's it. IF it was in 1920x1080 it would look even better.

That is only an opinion. I like Rave and Monsters HD. Equator has some good stuff too. Neither one of us is right or wrong. But one thing is for certain, Voom has good PQ.

I too enjoy many of the VOOM channels. Most people who are critical of VOOM probably have never watched any of the channels. The few people who continually speak negatively of VOOM should at least try watching the network and then form their opinion based on their own observation instead of just mindlessly echoing the comments of others. As I said before, I would not be surprised if D* and other cable companies add VOOM sometime in the future. If they did, how will the people who are most critical of VOOM react? It is not beyond possibility.

Voom ....... IF it was in 1920x1080 it would look even better.

MPEG 4 helps, but still not true HD.

Hey Ehren again,

I use the detail in the brush strokes on the paintings on Voom Gallery as a test of how good Voom can look on my setup. IMO, Voom looked the best:

#1: on the original Voom service

#2: and still good when Voom went to Dish BUT BEFORE the December 2005 1240 x 1080i downrez bit starving.

Last edited:
yeah, I think Voom PQ was a bit better when it was a standalone service years ago too..but, its still alot of fun, and the channels and programming is really different than what you will see anywhere else. Love it or hate it, it is REALLY unique, and that is something very rare in todays television world..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)