-VOOM signs HD Boxing Deal with Don King Productions-

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tattootearz

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 23, 2004
Ok I just caught a glimpse of a commercial on RAVE HD...

Don King was sitting in a chair and he was doing some sort of advertisement for a VOOM HD PPV fight which we can get for $1 as subscribers....

Anyone have any information on this... oh wait... I found this...

VOOM HD Boxing Deal with Don King Productions

Lets see how this works out...

I hope they get these compression issues straightened out before any boxing is showed. Can you imagine all the pixelation, and artifacting that would go on during an event like that? *shudder*

GeneWildershair said:
I hope they get these compression issues straightened out before any boxing is showed. Can you imagine all the pixelation, and artifacting that would go on during an event like that? *shudder*
Alot of 1 Dollar refunds I would think.

GeneWildershair said:
yea I hope so too... Im noticing it more and more every day...

But if they can somehow get this worked out... this could be one helluva leap forward for VOOM. This is one of the many types of programming the people want...

I hope they will take the opportunity and sieze the moment because with every passing day there seems to be more and more VOOM horror stories... and now it seems to have reached a hilt because many of the charter members are pissed now...

VOOM GET YA SH*T together!!! :D :no

Genewildershair

Do you ever have anything positive to say? The fight will look fine and the sky is not falling. If it pixelates go pay 40 bucks for it on directv or E*.

vurbano said:
Genewildershair

Do you ever have anything positive to say? The fight will look fine and the sky is not falling. If it pixelates go pay 40 bucks for it on directv or E*.
By the way vurbano-I am "positive" I paid my $100.00+ bill this month and am "positive" I am getting horrible pq on many channels that I would love to watch.

all in all i do think they are "working on these things" it may take awhile but i think back to when STARZ first came on..this is not as bad as those few days.if it's not fixed by next week you will have something to complain about ,now that everyone has seen it

vurbano said:
Genewildershair

That's absurd, I've said many great things about VOOM. Besides this is a forum in which we should be able to report the problems we see. Am I the only one who sees it? NO! Do you think VOOM would ever fix any of these problems if we all chose to go your route, and not dare say anything negatoive about VOOM? NO! Now I don't want to get into a debate here about whether or not VOOM has problems, but seriously...if you are all happy in VOOM-land, and you see no problems then so be it, I actually envy you. But for those of us who actually want a decent service, that we are paying for by the way, we will continue to voice our opinions. If you don't like it sir, then why don't you go join another forum, where the sky is always blue, and the grass always green.

GeneWildershair said:
That's absurd, I've said many great things about VOOM. Besides this is a forum in which we should be able to report the problems we see. Am I the only one who sees it? NO! Do you think VOOM would ever fix any of these problems if we all chose to go your route, and not dare say anything negatoive about VOOM? NO! Now I don't want to get into a debate here about whether or not VOOM has problems, but seriously...if you are all happy in VOOM-land, and you see no problems then so be it, I actually envy you. But for those of us who actually want a decent service, that we are paying for by the way, we will continue to voice our opinions. If you don't like it sir, then why don't you go join another forum, where the sky is always blue, and the grass always green.
Easier to "shoot the messenger" Jay.

eschu97611 said:
Easier to "shoot the messenger" Jay.

I guess, but I really take offense to those comments, as anyone whose read my posts on this forum would know I have stated many, many times I want VOOM to succeed, and have even pushed those on the fence to sign up for VOOM in the past. I wish I didn't see these problems, and could just enjoy VOOM like I once did, but I am not one to turn a blind eye when it comes to spending my hard earned dollar!

GeneWildershair said:
I guess, but I really take offense to those comments, as anyone whose read my posts on this forum would know I have stated many, many times I want VOOM to succeed, and have even pushed those on the fence to sign up for VOOM in the past. I wish I didn't see these problems, and could just enjoy VOOM like I once did, but I am not one to turn a blind eye when it comes to spending my hard earned dollar!
Just know Jay that you are not alone and that the problems will be fixed, hopefully sooner than later-or else Voom will serve as a footnote in the history of HDTV.

Its not absurd. Your obsessed with complaining about the PQ. Have you tried exchanging your equipment because the only problems ive seen of any consequence have been starz. Watching showtimehdw right now and it is flawless OTA HD. And you are complaining that the PQ might be bad on a HD PPV event that hasnt happened yet? V* will sabotage it somehow wioth compression alogorithms like D*?

eschu97611 said:
Just know Jay that you are not alone and that the problems will be fixed, hopefully sooner than later-or else Voom will serve as a footnote in the history of HDTV.
so you are predicting the demise of voom?

vurbano said:
so you are predicting the demise of voom?
"or else" means that voom has a choice to make- fixes have to me made before the customer hemoraging accelerates-if they are, positive word of mouth will resume and cust. base will increase-that is my prediction.

I have a predadiction that the renumeration of my currency will be categorically larcenized by the very purveyor of this particular calamity.

vurbano said:
Its not absurd. Your obsessed with complaining about the PQ. Have you tried exchanging your equipment because the only problems ive seen of any consequence have been starz. Watching showtimehdw right now and it is flawless OTA HD. And you are complaining that the PQ might be bad on a HD PPV event that hasnt happened yet? V* will sabotage it somehow wioth compression alogorithms like D*?

no need to exchange my equipment. I guess everyone here "complaining" should just do that, because the PQ is just "flawless", and we've just all got a "screw loose" when we say we see problems. It's folks like you that do not help matters when you attack, or make such ridiculous comments in reply to those who do have *legit* problems. Flawless PQ on Showtime HD west...lol... whatever. Did you get "flawless PQ" with the Britney concert too? Oh you probably wouldn't even know since you didn't even look to see what we were all complaining about now did you? Cuz if you had, you would have seen the problems. Oh and speaking of obsession... it seems that your the one obsessed...obsessed with attacking my every post!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)