Voom Sink or Swim

SonicRob

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 31, 2004
I don't care what people say about voom all those Bashers i will sink with the ship but i pray Voom could go on for a long time and swim and stay a float i will get voom officaly in December and hope there DVR,Channels and there Pay PerViews come soon, we do need to spread the word but it is hard to spread the word when your the only one in the family that has a HDTV and that is including your friends.

So all the Bashers you all could all go to hell if dishnetwork or DirecTV buys Voom out so be it i will make my mind up were to get my HDTV. :D

When you get Voom, you also get about 25,999 new friends, amd almost all of them have an HDTV. The only way to REALLY know whether you like it or not is to try it, and it looks like you've made that decision, so good luck. This forum and the members here will be your best and fastest resource for reliable information. We are right there with you in wanting to see good results from Voom as a provider.

I really like VOOM so far and all of my friends are impressed. No billing problems so far.The Rush channel and Rave are my favorites. I have an excellent eighty inch picture on my NEC VT47 projection TV in my bar/game room and AWESOME picture in the house on my 53 inch Hitachi(not a widescreen). I did have to make a mask system for the letterbox bars that are gray on my TV which were taking away from the picture. I hope VOOM stays with us . I have had DIRECT and DISH and this is the best remote and program guide so far. They are not 100% accurate yet though on the programming. I am happy so far !!!!!

I'm very happy with my service. What the doubters need to remember is that Voom is relatively new and cutting edge. So being new there will be growing pains. They offer most of the popular channels the other providers do as well as the most HD content for the roughly the same price as the other guys. The bottom line is, if you want more HD than anyone else there is just one choice Voom. It's kind of the reason you bought your set so that you can see the most HD possible.

I've been with Voom since day one, and I'm very happy with it. It's a very good service, and I just don't understand why they haven't been able to sign up many more subscribers. Granted, Voom has made some mistakes like hiring incompetent installers, but right now no other provider - satellite or cable - is even in the same ballpark for HD content. I intend to stay with Voom as long as they're around (a long time, I hope), but even if they do end up going belly-up, it's been a great HD ride.

techweb said:
I've been with Voom since day one, and I'm very happy with it. It's a very good service, and I just don't understand why they haven't been able to sign up many more subscribers. ...

I am scratching my PhD head as well. There must be more satisfied Voomers like me without lockups, billing issues, and significant others who cannot survive without their daily dose of the FOOD channel. If you like HDTV, Voom IS the leader (at least presently) and offers the most variety.

I believe you are all right i am happy i found these forums i have read allot of articles some good and some bad about Voom but at the end we all know who is the leader in HDTV channels and that is Voom. :D

The day they have great PQ all around and NO channels have mosquito noise, that is the day I will spread the word and not a day before. I would be embarrassed to introduce Voom to friends. It's about as bad as pitching them Amway.

That is NOT a bash on Voom, I love Voom but they have major problems and I am willing to stick it out with them till they do sink.

DarrellP said:
The day they have great PQ all around and NO channels have mosquito noise, that is the day I will spread the word and not a day before. I would be embarrassed to introduce Voom to friends. It's about as bad as pitching them Amway.

That is NOT a bash on Voom, I love Voom but they have major problems and I am willing to stick it out with them till they do sink.

Sure it sounds like a bash on Voom. Do you expect people to even try Voom when they come to this forum for some info and user experience and read about your "embarrassment". Really, you should try to see the HD world on a somewhat smaller, more typical screen DarrellP. ;)

DarrellP said:

Spray some OFF on your screen. That should take care of your mosquito noise!

Amway

Okay people what does Amway have to do with Voom i think Voom would be great to recommend to people like someone says when friends come over they are amazed by the quality and of all the HDTV Channels i do not have voom yet but will get it in December so i will tell you all how i like it. :D

DiscoveryHD on Dish looks a ton better than it does on Voom. I get ZERO noise on any of my Dish channels, so what does that tell you? Voom has PQ issues. Sorry guys, I will not budge off this issue until the mosquitos leave for good.

I have some OFF in my backpack, I think I'll give it a shot.

Walter, help me out here, buddy, you came over and saw my system, give me a little backup here.

Darrel P

So your Saying there is Noise on all there Channels i have not heard of that all the voom people that have Voom have been happy with it. I would not like to have noise while watching HDTV help me out fellow Voomers is these true i am getting Voom in December i need to know if Darrel P is telling the Truth or if he is Bashing Voom. :D

SonicRob,

Your posts are very hard to read. You really should take a gramar class.
Yes Voom has major PQ problems. Mosquito noise on many channels as well as picture breakups every few minutes on channels 261, 262, and 271. This has been going on for months and still hasn't been fixed. All we hear if we hear anything at all is "we're working on it." The bottom line is that most people that have canceled got sick and tired of Voom working on it and getting nothing done. Myself included. I also had major billing problems as well as problems with the crappy receiver. Until these problems are fixed Voom will continue to lose customers. And this doesn't even take into account all the promises that Voom keeps misleading and stringing along its customers with. Larger dishes, DVR, Mpeg4 to name a few. Yes Voom has the most HD. But to me and many many other former customers, the amount of repeated HD could not overcome all the other problems with this company.
You new people really crack me up. You come in here all excited and praise Voom just like I did back in March. Boy did I learn. And you will too. This company simply amazes me at all the new ways they find to screw up. And they never seem to get anything fixed. So write back in a few months and tell us how you feel then. I'm confident that your tune will change.
Why am I here? Because I want anyone thinking of signing up with this labotomy of a company to know the complete facts. Not just the positive propaganda that Voom wants them to hear. And I'm not going to stop telling the truth until Voom fixes the mess. And if all of you pro Voomers don't like it, don't read it.

Bob

Bob

Thanks BOB for your insight what service do you have now are you happy with it and any voomers can you all confirm those problems BOB is saying or is he just bashing voom any help will help because i am getting some kind of service in December. :D

SonicRob said:
So your Saying there is Noise on all there Channels i have not heard of that all the voom people that have Voom have been happy with it. I would not like to have noise while watching HDTV help me out fellow Voomers is these true i am getting Voom in December i need to know if Darrel P is telling the Truth or if he is Bashing Voom. :D

I don't think DarrelP is just Bashing voom he really does see this mosquito noise i probably do too but just don't realize it but it seems that DarrelP has a HUGE screen so any PQ Problem would be magnified as long as you measure your screen in inches not feet you probably won't have any problem at all with voom's pQ.

SonicRob said:
Thanks BOB for your insight what service do you have now are you happy with it and any voomers can you all confirm those problems BOB is saying or is he just bashing voom any help will help because i am getting some kind of service in December. :D
I can certainly confirm that your posts are very hard to read it would help if instead of running all the sentences together like This you would occasionally throw in a period and start a new sentence when you start a new thought as for the other problems BOB mentions there is some truth in it he may be voom bashing but with reason they really do have some problems but it's a matter of how much they bother you. i think the Pq is fine i haven't had too many problems with the box they do have some serious billing Issues just don't let them keep a valid cc number it is frustrating that you can't get any reliable Information about Voom from voom you get much better info here. If you can get your locals OTA and hD is Important to you i think you'll be happy with voom.

I have to go now. Writing like this is making my head hurt. ;)

Thanks

Very good info i have learned allot about Voom in these forums i should get my locals i see why not i have a antenna. :D

SonicRob said:
Very good info i have learned allot about Voom in these forums i should get my locals i see why not i have a antenna. :D

SonicRob's annoying writing style and wacky responses make me think he's someones 1st attempt at a computer-generated poster.

Receiving a digital signal vs an analog signal OTA is like comparing apples to oranges.

ram1220 said:
Why am I here? Because I want anyone thinking of signing up with this labotomy of a company to know the complete facts. Not just the positive propaganda that Voom wants them to hear. And I'm not going to stop telling the truth until Voom fixes the mess. And if all of you pro Voomers don't like it, don't read it.

Bob

Bob,
in my dictionary this is called paranoia. Why don't you just relax and enjoy your life with D* or E* or cable or whatever? Your experience with Voom was not enjoyable? Ok, then you canceled. Not the end of the world as we know it. Unlike your posting here I will not chase you with my positive Voom stories. Why should I bother?