Voom - Staying or Leaving

riffjim4069 said:
They'll have to pry the VOOM remote from my cold dead hands.

Add me to the list. Also got at least one new sub for Voom from one of my HT friends. Hope to get a few more.

Doug

1080iBeVuMin said:
Why leave now? If Voom dies, their competitors will come crawling to Voom subscribers with the best possible enticements! Meanwhile, enjoy Voom while it lasts. Best of both worlds.

Come crawling (D*-E*) for 26,000 people,D* signs that many up per month.

branchbouncer said:
Come crawling (D*-E*) for 26,000 people,D* signs that many up per month.

They have been "crawling" to me for months. I get phone calls to come back (please come back to *E...whining). I get letters. I think they would love 26,000 more. (Is 26,000 still valid? I thought this number is over 5 or 6 months old).

joep said:
Staying until someone comes by to collect my leased equipment…If Voom does fold, who would actually pick up the equipment?
Probably less expensive to abandom the equipment. In that case, pull the cable from the LNB prior to it being deactivated so it can be used as and OTA tuner.

Why not

I'll stay. We've been quite happy with the content, picture quality, reception, etc. Having some issues with locals (in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area) that seem to be dropping, but other than that, no problems.

My read of the issue is the E* bought the whole show and will either offer current subs a deal to convert or not. If they do, we'd consider it since I am not a big fan of cable. If they don't we'll live without it for awhile. Plenty of DVDs in the rack...

I think it unlikely they would keep the original content, as that expense may have been what contributed to Voom's rapid burn of investment money early on. That and an under educated public about what HD can be.

Just my .02 however.
KJQ

joep said:
Staying until someone comes by to collect my leased equipment…If Voom does fold, who would actually pick up the equipment?
I honestly dont see them picking up anything. Is it worth paying some install company to make 26,000 trips? All I want to know is when to unplug the cable from my recievers before they get deactivated.

Well ..I guess the question is when is Voom plugging the plug. Has any one heard a rumor.

Staying till the end!

I'm staying until the end. No reason to go anywhere else while there's a signal coming down...

I posted this in the end of VOOM thread but it probably belongs here more since it is so specific to what to do.

think I would not have cancelled an install that is only going to cost you $1. Personally, I don't think we have seen the entire story yet. Dish did buy the Sat and the station, but that does not mean that Cablevision is not in additional negotiations with Dish or another provider to carry all or part of the VOOM package. Either way, I am sure we all will be getting emails for either VOOM , Dish or whoever. 30K of subscribers are small but picking up 75% of those is a nice fish to catch in one a weeks time. should also be some very interesting enticements too. We are not abandoned... we will be prime targets of opportunity for some. Just look at who we are and the investment we have made? each of us is concerned to be worth at least $1500 on the open market in terms of our value to a provider. If my math is right, That is a value of 30 million dollars to be added to some providers net worth. Not a small piece of change and an asset of Voom. But they have to move quickly or it evaporates in all this sad news.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)