If your leaving voom...

" Namely, that excessive bitching doesn't help in attracting new subscribers."

Is voom paying us to get new subscribers?

Of course not.

Is Voom giving us any info to be gleeful about to attract new subscribers? No, and that's pretty important.

What are we supposed to express? That you can watch Divine HD in HD?

DrWho said:
" Namely, that excessive bitching doesn't help in attracting new subscribers."

Is voom paying us to get new subscribers?

Of course not.

Is Voom giving us any info to be gleeful about to attract new subscribers? No, and that's pretty important.

What are we supposed to express? That you can watch Divine HD in HD?

You seem to disagree with my statement that you quote. In other words, you believe that excessive bitching does attract new subscribers. Good for you, DrWho.

And yes, you can tell your asking friends that Voom has DivineHD channels in their lineup as well as FOXNews (although SD only) or any other channel that they might be interested in. Why not?

andrzej said:
Then your post makes exactly the point that some of us are trying to make here. Namely, that excessive bitching doesn't help in attracting new subscribers.

Youre absolutely right. One of my main goals was to have hassle free service.

With the bitching and moaning about Voom installs and PQ along with their 20% churn rate, I decided to not take a chance and go with D*. I'd rather wait for D* to add a few more HD channels than to go thru what some of the Voom subs went thru.

And you know what? There are thousands of people just like me out there. People who are hesitant to try Voom because of their reputation. That's no one's fault but Voom's.

"You seem to disagree with my statement that you quote. In other words, you believe that excessive bitching does attract new subscribers. Good for you, DrWho."

No, you missed the swift boat there.

It's not up to me to get Voom Subscirbers, that's not my job.

I have shown it too people and show them the HD and it's great.

But Voom is not paying me to do that, nor are they paying me to spread their Propaganda. Now if they want to pay me I would be glad to go to websites and spread lies and make craop up to get voom customers.

It's vooms job to keep me happy, to keep me informed and to get new customers.

If they can't do that, they won't be around long.

Come Jan 1, they might even be gone, forget the price increases.

zubinh said:
...With the bitching and moaning about Voom installs and PQ along with their 20% churn rate, I decided to not take a chance and go with D*. I'd rather wait for D* to add a few more HD channels than to go thru what some of the Voom subs went thru...
One problem is, the other 90% of the people that didn't have any major hassles don't usually post about their experiences. So many new viewers of the forum here may think "everyone" is having problems. That's why it's just as important for positive reviews when a service does something right as when someone posts something negative about a company that did them wrong.

A lot of the hassles are on the installation end. A good place to check reviews of this is the 'In your area' section of the forum to see how others faired with their installs with the company from your area.

DrWho said:
But Voom is not paying me to do that, nor are they paying me to spread their Propaganda. Now if they want to pay me I would be glad to go to websites and spread lies and make craop up to get voom customers.

Ugly! So you would have no problems with lying about Voom if only Voom payed you? I guess you wouldn't mind sh*tting on Voom if D* or E* payed you either?

not really

andrzej said:
Ugly! So you would have no problems with lying about Voom if only Voom payed you? I guess you wouldn't mind sh*tting on Voom if D* or E* payed you either?

Yeah, no problems, but I am using your logic that I have to work for Voom for free. Which is what you want people to do.

Any company you work for you are expected to tow the line. Regardless.

Do you expect the President of Voom to bad mouth his own company?

DrWho said:
Yeah, no problems, but I am using your logic that I have to work for Voom for free. Which is what you want people to do.

Could you point me to my post where I want people to work for Voom for free?

To save you some time, I don't consider working for Voom when I answer someone's question on this forum. Or when my friends ask me about the Voom's lineup or whatever. Maybe you do.

Yes, complaining is good to bring attention to the problems... I agree!

But...crying that I'm leaving,I'm tired of this, I'm hoping for such and such a channel,and if they don't add it soon I'm gonna cancel (that will show em ;) ) is just useless bitch'in.

Voom is in the process of molding their company into the leading satellite provider, yes i know it won't happen overnight.
If you're a company trying to continue to "mold" things, don't charge a full or higher price than your competitor who has, pretty much, finished molding.

ChetK said:
If you're a company trying to continue to "mold" things, don't charge a full or higher price than your competitor who has, pretty much, finished molding.

Finished molding a whole 9 HD channels... please go enjoy your SD.

jeeptest said:
Yes, complaining is good to bring attention to the problems... I agree!

But...crying that I'm leaving,I'm tired of this, I'm hoping for such and such a channel,and if they don't add it soon I'm gonna cancel (that will show em ;) ) is just useless bitch'in.
Right!

And we don't need to hear how wonderful life has been since you dumped Voom and how you can't believe anybody would still be stupid enough to keep Voom. Hey, go take a flying leap!

I haven't seen many posts like that lately. Maybe they are getting scrubbed off. Good riddance.

I've shaved 35 times(not everyday)and had two hair cuts,never that long between changing any type of service.Maybe they are waiting for me to go bald(at my age if it hasn't happened yet it won't)or maybe if I tell the kids something that they don't want to hear they call and cancel the install,and if I give in they call and start the ball rolling again.Someone must know but it's not" MY VOOM's" account page,guess I'm lucky to get that much,oh well I guess I drown my sorrows in a cold one,and crank up the grill

Hay I thought of another reason not to be down,at least I am here(northern VA)with my oldest son,while the rest of the fam-wife and three kids are sweating their asses off down in San Antonio at the in-laws.Life is good today(I do miss them though-but not the noise and confusion)

No bitching!?!?! Are you kidding me!?

One of the best things in this forum is that fact that people are allowed to bitch without getting flamed.

:neener Oh might I add I AM enjoying my 140+ HD and 9 HD channels in crystal clear clarity with no dropouts and still love my dual-tuner TiVo?

But really folks, I agree with SONALIS ... this is the only way to do it without having things to bitch about. I am not spending the 212/mo required for this though ... well not yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)