Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
Well, I guess it's time to start a new thread where we will report bugs and feature requests related to version V00.05.68

As before, I recommend we use other threads for questions and discussion of specific issues.

VOOM STB Version V00.05.68

Unlike the previous version released last week, 5.68 is a minor version update that fixes several reported issues. No new major features introduced.

Issues Addressed
1. Improved stability (the lockup issue)
2. Spontaneous screen black-outs (the "Snow" issue)
3. Daylight Saving Time
4. Video jitter in 720p mode
5. The number of channels in Settings

Important Outstanding Issues
1. No sound (or picture) after switching channels
2. Temporary screen black-out or "snow" effect when switching from one resolution to another
3. TVs with non-HDCP compliant DVI inputs are no longer supported.
4. Lockup when rapidly switching channels
5. Microstutter/frame drop on all channels, including OTA
6. Problems with Closed Captioning
7. Stuck pixels after navigating through the Program Guide (reproduced)
8. Unable to save video output adjustments
9. The program planner doesn't always switch the channel
10. Black screen after pressing WATCH in Configuration (reproduced)
11. Wrong Polarity Displayed in "manual tuning"
12. Vertical colored line in the middle of the screen on (all) SD channels ([post=107759]picture[/post])
13. Program Planner does not work with PlayboyHD: the STB locks up
14. Problems with HD Audio & Video Test
15. Voltage for OTA antenna depends on the satellite channel
16. PG Navigation does not preserve the Channel Selection
17. The PG only displays 2 out of 3 lines of program description
18. Program description with quotation marks is not displayed
19. The OK button does not always select the program in the Surf Bar

Most Wanted Features
(This list is far from being complete. Please post your additional requests in this thread)
1. OTA channel scanning/manual tuning
2. Discrete power on/off IR codes for programmable remotes
3. PG should start on current channel
4. Search feature for the PG (by name or partial name)
5. Ability to scroll the PG one line at a time
6. A full-screen option in PG
7. One-button PG (instead of VOOM+OK)
8. Channels that are not subscribed should not be shown (except for PPV)
9. A menu option to change resolution
10. An option to have transparent menus to help avoid burn-in
11. Ability to enter sub-channels (e.g. 5-3)
12. Ability to un-lock channels (parental control) for several hours
13. Program planner should allow for daily or weekly repeats
14. Multiple Favorite lists (?)
15. A semi-native resolution mode, where only 720p is converted to 1080i
16. On-screen CallerID display

Previous software versions and related threads
Voom Box Version V00.05.5c. Bugs/Problems/Feature Requests
Voom Box Version V00.05.08. Bugs/Problems/Feature Requests

Do you have guide information yet?

I did notice that it you reboot the box it only took about 5 minutes to get the guide information back ;)

it could just be all in my head, but it looks like the picture quality got a little better after the update.

Cliff said:
Still have rolling blackouts...
It seems, the spontaneous blackouts, that were happening from time to time without any user action, are now gone. Great! This problem was really annoying!

What is not fixed is the blackouts (and "snow" screens) that happen when you switch from one resolution to another. I would recommend setting your STB to a fixed-resolution mode (e.g. 1080i). This will help you avoid blackouts when switching between HD and non-HD channels.

Another bug that is not yet fixed, as I mentioned in the first posting, is the occasional no-sound (or sometimes no-picture) issue after switching channels. Switching channels back and forth usually resolves this problem.

Overall, it seems to me the new version is much more stable than the previous one, but we'll see...

Downloading, 10:11 am right now, 51 minutes and counting. Voom, i think we might have a problem!

Sean Mota said:
Did you get the software upgrade this a.m.?
Yes, I got the upgrade last night around 4:00 AM. Turned on the system this morning and the screen blacked out for about two seconds after about an hour. I went to the systems screen to check the signal, it was at 98, and when I exited a screen popped up saying my receiver was not authorized and that was it. Its been off since then.

Cliff said:
a screen popped up saying my receiver was not authorized and that was it. Its been off since then.
Cliff, are you subscribing to Va Va Voom? The free preview is over as of this morning. Check your on-line account. See if the Plus channels are listed. I lost all Plus channels this morning except for HBO, that I specifically requested.

Ilya said:
Cliff, are you subscribing to Va Va Voom? The free preview is over as of this morning. Check your on-line account. See if the Plus channels are listed. I lost all Plus channels this morning except for HBO, that I specifically requested.

Yes I signed up for the "Va Va Voom" package.

Cliff said:
Yes I signed up for the "Va Va Voom" package.
Again, I would double check the on-line account info first.
Then I would call VOOM and ask them to verify your subscription status and send an authorization hit to your STB.

I had Voom on at 7 am this morning to watch the local news. I did not have any channel information at all, so I had no idea what channel I was watching. I hit the voom button, and there was no menu, just the picture in the upper right hand corner. I did have all of the channels, I just didnt know which ones i was watching. Anyone else experience this as part of the update?

Few things I noticed:

1- When selecting a channel, the info window will come up instead of tuning to the specific channel. It seems to be random and it looks like it is happening more often after turning stb. I have not been able to duplicate the same behavior.

2- I still lose sound when changing channels.

3- Video Output still does not work properly

4- No lockups ( I was not getting them before)

5- No black Screen

Sean Mota said:
1- When selecting a channel, the info window will come up instead of tuning to the specific channel. It seems to be random and it looks like it is happening more often after turning stb. I have not been able to duplicate the same behavior.
Sean,
The behavior of the OK button is the same in the PG and in the Surf Bar: If you select a program that is currently on, it will switch to it right away. If you select a future program it will open an Info page instead, so you could add the program to the planner. I believe this is how it worked in the previous version too. I don't see any problem here.

Ilya said:
Sean,
The behavior of the OK button is the same in the PG and in the Surf Bar: If you select a program that is currently on, it will switch to it right away. If you select a future program it will open an Info page instead, so you could add the program to the planner. I believe this is how it worked in the previous version too. I don't see any problem here.

But I have seen it when selecting a prgm that it is currently on. I will expect to switch to it right away and instead the information banner is what I get plus the channel. I have to select watch or info button again to watch the prog. It should just select the prg without the infor banner.

soledade said:
Sean,

What problem are you seeing with video output (number 3 on your list)?

Carlos

The main function of this is to adjust over/under scanning on the video output. Do not know if it's channel independent or one setting will work for all channels. Anyway, after clicking "return and save", you may think that the setting you have chosen was saved but after hitting the "watch" button or "back" button to go back to watch the program, you find that the new setting was never saved.

Sean Mota said:
But I have seen it when selecting a prgm that it is currently on.
Did it happen in PG or in SurfBar? Here is one possible explanation: If the current time is say 5 minutes past the hour, and the program starts at 10 minutes past the hour, it may show up in the PG as if it is current time (the same 30-minute block). But you can't select it because it has not started yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts