Voom To Dtvhd But Where Is Tnthd?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

vinnyv07

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 14, 2004
I'm a Voomer that kept my Directv subscription active thinking and feeling that one day VOOM would close up shop. Now that day is coming closer. So I called Directv to activate the HD pack and Im happy with it ...except for one ch that is missing. TNTHD.....where is it? Its not like Directv shouldnt have added it already. Say what you may about the programming that is not true HD. The movies on the weekends are really good....and now with the NBA playoffs starting up and TNT being a huge ch for the NBA in HD .....Directv has no reason or should have no reason why they havent added the ch yet. It would be a great addition to a weak HD pack. Hdnet, Hdnetmovies, Dischd, Espnhd and Universalhd is not an impressive HD pack. Without subbing to the HD pack and being in NY I still get YESHD (which is a huge addition for a Yankee fan), HBOHD and SHOHD (because I sub to those ch's) and CBS, NBC, Fox, and ABC in HD. The HD pack really needs help and in a hurry. I understand about the new sats being launched and that MPEG4 should bring a huge amount of HD ch's. All Directv needs RIGHT NOW is TNTHD. I just cant believe that they dont have the bandwidth....lets go Directv ...get it on now. When VOOM gets shut down this weekend I'll miss TNTHD even more now without being able to watch my weekend movies and the great coverage for the BBALL playoffs.

I agree!
total unacceptable not to have TNT HD.....has been available for years now and D* doesn't not offer.......down right lame!

Alot of us D* users have asked that same question quite a bit. The current theory is that D* doesn't have the bandwidth to add it. I'm also a big NBA fan, and it's been a bummer watching the games in SD...

smitty825 said:
Alot of us D* users have asked that same question quite a bit. The current theory is that D* doesn't have the bandwidth to add it. I'm also a big NBA fan, and it's been a bummer watching the games in SD...
Its amayzing that they added YESHD just for some and they cant add TNTHD for all. Its really the only HD ch that Directv is lacking right now. Being one the people who get YESHD , Im not complaining. I just think its unfair to add a ch that only a certain area of people will benifit from.

vinnyv07 said:
Its amayzing that they added YESHD just for some and they cant add TNTHD for all. Its really the only HD ch that Directv is lacking right now. Being one the people who get YESHD , Im not complaining. I just think its unfair to add a ch that only a certain area of people will benifit from.

Thank you vinny! I live in Texas & so would love to watch the Yankee vs Boston BB games in HD...... :no

I also was hoping that D* would carry the NBA play-offs on TNT-HD at least as a Special Event (like they did with FOX-HD).

ive had d* for 8 months just ordered e* for this channel (coming on monday) .i will compare the two and the better picture wins!!! i need to watch the heat in hd !!!! d* is showing baseball in hd for some customers but not playoff basketball for all ,that is just plain wrong!!

gus

It could be that the money D* pays YES is significantly less than what they'd pay TNT.

With the amount of customers that Directv has ....and the small price increase ...they shouldnt have a problem paying for anything they want. They should get it done...whatever the problem is.

It is hardly the ONLY HD channel they are lacking however... even if you discount InHD as cable-only channels there's still the other HD premium channels not added yet such as Starz or Cinemax. I won't even get into the off the wall stuff that Voom carried such as WealthHD ;)

The biggest dissapointment for me not having TNT-HD is this was the same issue last year during the playoffs for the NBA let alone the other stuff they show on their channel. It seems like the channel should have had a high priority to be added because D* is known for sports and TNT has some really good sporting events. I am certain we will finally get this channel in the near future but it is dissapointing to be seeing this same issue a year later.

Let's get this channel up at least on the special channels 95 or 96 for the playoff games. They're doing it for YES HD and they did it for some Fox Sports HD basketball games etc...

With this mornings announcment with E* starting to carry 10 VOOM HD channels come May 1, 2005...........that leaves D* in the dust...& they don't have Rainbow 1 yet :(

Barney

gman1010 said:
ive had d* for 8 months just ordered e* for this channel (coming on monday) .i will compare the two and the better picture wins!!! i need to watch the heat in hd !!!! d* is showing baseball in hd for some customers but not playoff basketball for all ,that is just plain wrong!!

gus
"Plain Wrong" is right, playoff sports should regin supreme ... I wish D* would "get it" when it comes to sports and HD like this.

gman1010 said:

gus

Looks like your timing was perfect because now you'll also get 10 Voom originals as well.

madpoet said:
It is hardly the ONLY HD channel they are lacking however... even if you discount InHD as cable-only channels there's still the other HD premium channels not added yet such as Starz or Cinemax. I won't even get into the off the wall stuff that Voom carried such as WealthHD ;)
Hello Madpoet...you make a good point. I have had StarzHD but not Cinemax. I can tell you that even though alot of the stuff was upconverted ENCOREHD had more movies on that I liked. Even if it wasn't HD all the time, the upconvert picture was alot better than the STD of the same ch. Either way Starz and Cinemax would be great additions to Directv's HD offering but neither one qualifys to boost their HD PACK as TNTHD would. In my eyes there is no reason why , in a year's time, that Directv hasn't added TNTHD. I am selfish in saying that living in NY and watching YESHD almost everynight is more than a treat. Im just wondering what is really behind Directv not adding a ch that almost every carrier has right now. I dont get it.

I emailed D* customer service asking about TNTHD and how they could not even possibly have it for the playoffs yet another year. The response was they are "currently in negotiation" with TNT, but they currently have no contract for it. I wonder how long "currently" has been...

this news is icing on the cake,im going to downgrade d* hd service as soon as e* is connected .d* needs to get its act together and start offering nationwide channels and not focus on local markets.theyve been in negotiations with tnt-hd for over a year

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)