voom Vs ???

meredog

Original poster
May 3, 2004
just found this forum . i presentley have direct tv and just had my samsung hd box smoke on me. direct will not stand behind it because it has been over 90 days since they installed. samsung wants proof of purchase and direct will not provide one, said samsung can call them with me on a three way for confirmation. Direct told me a week ago when it smoked that they would send a replacement out and i would have it in two days, after we hung up i guess they changed their minds and never notified me.
anyhow i am fed up with them and looks like i will eat this samsung receiver.
is voom better than or what is it all about? good bad and or indifferent.

Voom provides a Motorola HD receiver for the rental of $9.50 per month. They originally sold them for $749, which included professional installation---then they sent a $300 credit to the people who had paid $749. I'm not sure if they still sell them, but most people are on the lease plan. Voom has replaced many boxes, and they do it at no charge. Many of the early adopters had problems with the first batch of STB's, and Voom replaced them free of charge.

There has been talk of a new HD DVR coming out in the summer or the Fall, and the story is that Voom will upgrade all lease customers when the device is ready. Right now, Voom will install for $0 up front. Price of the basic package is $39.90 per month.

Welcome to the forum, and good luck. I HATE to see anybody have to eat a piece of equipment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts