Voom will never get my business again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

msnyder

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 22, 2004
Some of you may remember me from these forums earlier in the year. I hopped on the Voom bandwagon when they were running their $0 install, no contract promo. I switch to Voom from being a long time DishNetwork subscriber. Dish was giving me the runaround on a HD receiver (model 811) I was told I was on a 4-6 week waiting list. I waited and after 6 weeks I hadn't heard a word. I called them and I was told they could not tell me where I was on the list. I decided to wait once more.

After 12 weeks of being on their "list" I took the Voom plunge. Right off the bat I had problems. the installer brought two receivers, one for each of my TVs, one was bad. I had to wait for the receiver to be replaced. I had two antenna swaps and piss poor picture quality. Okay I figured, I can't get my locals, and I keep loosing sound and have bad PQ, okay I gave them a shot so I called to cancel...

To my surprise I had to wait 2 weeks for a de-install. They wouldn't let me just send the receivers and LNB back to them, they had to roll a truck. So I scheduled for a Saturday. About the time they were supposed to show up I got a call saying they couldn't make it, they would be there tomorrow. I had already called Dish back and low and behold when I signed up as a 'new" customer I was able to get a HD (model 811) off the bat. Dish was coming out to install and Voom had yet to show up to remove their equipment. The Dish installer was kind enough to remove the Voom dish at no charge, but the Voom de-installer, refused to remove the antenna that Voom had installed, it was big, it was ugly, and since Dish has locals over the dish, it served no purpose. I wound up removing the antenna myself. Long story short, Voom Customer Service apologized for my inconvenience and offer to credit back my last month of service ($111 and change), I applauded this gesture, and vowed to try Voom again once their company grows and works out some of their PQ issues. That was in April!!!

I have still yet to receive any refund. The sad part about it was they told me I would get a refund for my last month before they even charged my card. I asked if they could just not bill me, they said for accounting issues that was not possible, I can believe that. What I can't believe is how they would run off a potential future customer over $111. I keep getting the run around, I called every few weeks and was told the same thing, "we'll escalate this to billing, please watch your credit card and you should see a credit by the end of next week." so from then on I've called every week, and get the same story every time. I finally did talk to someone in billing and was told a different story; that I would not receive a credit on my credit card, but would rather receive a check in the mail. I have also yet to see that check. I have even received my last statement with a credit on my bill for $111 and change with the words, you will receive a refund within thirty (30) business days. That has far passed. I just called again, and was told I would receive a call back within 24-48 hours from a billing manager. We'll see, but I will never again be a Voom customer. I hope they go bankrupt!!!

Just because you had such a terrible experience does not mean that the rest of us had the same. :). I wish Dish goes bankrupt as well after all they did to me. :)

Same here. I'm still fighting them (DISH) over their contract cancellation charge. The 811 was a joke, and their HD policy is a joke (not adding any unless it's compelling).

DISH may offer locals over the dish but they do not offer HD locals.

mods note: edited.

msnyder said:
... I hope they go bankrupt!!!

I understand that you’re are pissed but why do you want us happy voomers to suffer as well? Be nice and kind and wish us and Voom the best. :)

You're right, I wish Voom the best, but they need lessons on customer service... not sure who they can talk to though...

msnyder said:
You're right, I wish Voom the best, but they need lessons on customer service... not sure who they can talk to though...
Is that why your telling everyone to stay away from it? and sticking around here to flame it?

"

<TABLE class=tborder id=post138996 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead><!-- / status icon and date -->

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px"><!-- user info --><TABLE cellSpacing=6 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap>msnyder
user_online.gif
<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_138996", true); </SCRIPT>

</TD><TD width="100%"></TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap>Join Date: Mar 2004

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- / user info --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1><!-- message, attachments, sig --><!-- icon and title -->
icon1.gif

<HR style="COLOR: #98aab1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Save yourself some headache and stay away from Voom, Dish is the best HD provider right now... See my thread for more info:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=20909

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I say if your gone then go, cause if you stay you need to either
#1 get over it or
#2 go get your money back or
#3 sell the cables Voom gave you on the net and make more than they owe you and get on with your life.

I'm sorry you had such a terrible experience Snyderman, but you are certainly more than welcome to stay the course with E*. Overall, my experience with Voom has been quite the opposite; it has been a very positive. Sure, I've had my share of headaches dealing with OTA issues. Sure, I am sometimes greatly annoyed with buggy software and STBs. However, I am enjoying access to the most comprehensive HD offering available anywhere; a collective HD cornucopia, 24/7/365.

FYI, I am new to DSB and initially ordered HD through E* early this year after reading about their 811 deal. Well, E* botched my order and rescheduled my install twice before finally admitting they were out of 811s. After a month of playing this game, I decided E* didn't deserve my business. All their HD double-talk and rhetoric, while promising, didn't materialize into...well, anything more than a couple transponders filled with SD (kind of like their current and future HD offerings, huh? :p ). During this time I found Voom and have not looked back at E*, nor D* for that matter, as being anything other than a distant purveyor of lackluster HD programming.

I guess all things do happen for a reason...I could have been stuck waiting for....oh, what...all of two HD channels being offered by E* instead of enjoying Voom HD - right here - right now!

Again, I'm sorry that things didn't work out and you had to settle for E*.

msnyder said:

You wish them (Voom) the best or you wish they'd go bankrupt?

I think I can see the REAL problem here.

You are getting an HD receiver and having your installer remove your antenna so you cannot get locals in HD. That isn't exactly swift, IMO.

Seanb61 said:
DISH may offer locals over the dish but they do not offer HD locals.

mods note: edited.

In my case, SD locals with Dish were better than no locals with Voom...

Seawaves said:
You wish them (Voom) the best or you wish they'd go bankrupt?

I think I can see the REAL problem here.

Try reading the thread in order, you will then understand.

Mr.Poindexter said:
You are getting an HD receiver and having your installer remove your antenna so you cannot get locals in HD. That isn't exactly swift, IMO.

The reason I took out the antenna was because it wasn't installed properly. Not only was it too low (needed to be on a mast) but the moron installer mounted it to that the rods on the antenna stratled my chimney, so I couldn't even adjust the rotor because it wouldn't spin.

I'll admit, most of my problems were with installers, not Voom. When my service worked (what little it did) it was great, much better than E*. I was estatic about Voom from the beginning, if only they had better customer service skills, quit giving me the runaround. Either give me my refund and possibly try to salvage what is left so that I may try your service again, or tell my I'm getting no refund and tell me to piss off... I'm not trying to bash Voom, if this were any other company including E* or D* I would have the same feelings. The comment I made about the bakrupcy thing was out of anger. We have all been in this situation before. I think it's time companies start taking action for what the CSR promise their customers.

barth2k said:
do NOT uninstall that antenna. you'll need it if you want your locals in HD.

My locals aren't even broadcast in HD. Only CBS will be anytime soon, supossedly by the end of the summer.

Dvlos said:
You dont get locals in HD? Egads!! you're missing out!!

Yeah, I know, but I don't have alot of choice. I figure that once this new CBS starts HD broadcast it won't be long before, FOX, NBC, and ABC follow. I couldn't give a rat's ass about PBS. The only show I like on there is The Red Green Show, but it's not on any kind of schedule, I think they just put it on whenever the hell they feel like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)