Voom will never get my business again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasch, Hey....what's wrong w/the Red Green Show. It's pretty funny.

snyder, PBS used to have the best HD around, absolutely beautiful, but now most of them have sub channels and the compression is killing it.

wasch_24 said:
Absolutely nothing, I too find it amusing. Just pokin' some fun at Mr. Snyder.

I can fix Voom, D*, and E* problems...somebody give me a roll of Duct Tape!!!

msnyder said:
You're right, I wish Voom the best, but they need lessons on customer service... not sure who they can talk to though...
Well heck that is an easy one to answer. How about the 3 time JD Power & Assoc. customer satisfaction winner DirecTV. they are consistantly rated the best in customer service and satisfaction. CableVision on the other hand, Voom's parent company is consistantly rated the worst.

I undersand where you are coming from too, they are telling me Saturday de-installs are not available so I am sending my dish, receiver etc back to them in NY via FedEX where it can be thier problem.

Can't really say that customer service is the issue for me, they did me right, but the service itself was not for me.

I called for a de-install (which I would gladly do myself), and they scheduled me for a brand new install, ota and everything. Even though I they already had the new install at my house 2 months earlier and I have all of their equipment. They are definitely having some communication growing pains.

msnyder said:
Dish was giving me the runaround on a HD receiver (model 811) I was told I was on a 4-6 week waiting list. I waited and after 6 weeks I hadn't heard a word. I called them and I was told they could not tell me where I was on the list.

I had already called Dish back and low and behold when I signed up as a 'new" customer I was able to get a HD (model 811) off the bat.

You seem to ignore the fact that Dish was giving you the run-around, so how is that customer service issue any less significant than the one you are having with VOOM?

r_wright said:
You seem to ignore the fact that Dish was giving you the run-around, so how is that customer service issue any less significant than the one you are having with VOOM?

I'm not ignoring that fact, I was pissed. That's why I left Dish in the first place. But, Dish came arounf, Voom has yet to make amends.

msnyder said:
I'm not ignoring that fact, I was pissed. That's why I left Dish in the first place. But, Dish came arounf, Voom has yet to make amends.

msnyderman... didn't you just leave this week (or last)... how long did it take "DISH" to come around... you know, "VOOM" (supposedly) monitors this forum... you should maybe tone down or better yet, stop your badmouthing, they may just remember you and all you say... the way I see it, you could make a few amends yourself... as a great man once said : "Live Long and Prosper".... but, please do it on the DISHnet forum... Thanks...

Bannish him he says the emporer has no clothes!

Mr Snyderman,

LOL. Dude I feel your pain, but posting negative things about Voom on this forum is pointless. You know all of these guys have to have something the dislike about Voom and any of them who have ever had a PVR before knows how much life without it sux. Apparently Voom is their friend/brother/lover and is beyond reproach.

From what I've read, the typical less-than-glowing-post about Voom goes down like this...

Original Post.
"Damn Voom Makes Me Mad, (insert valid reason here)"

Follow Up #1
You're an idiot, it's not Voom, it's the installers, Dish Sux, locals on tinfoil is great. Watching some guy kite surfing in 1080i obviously makes up for bad customer service.

Reply to Follow Up#1
Huh? Don't you people get it, I have no 10 o'clock news, they kicked a hole in my wall pulling cable, I think the installer lifted my wife's pearl necklace, my receiver catches on fire etc etc etc.

Follow Up #2
RTFM you idiot. Did you even try watching Monsters HD?

Reply to Follow Up#2
I'm going back to Dish.

Follow Up #2
Good! Moron! Voom Roolz!

So move on amigo, I'm giving Voom 60 days to impress me and make up for being stoopid during install. Check back in August and see if I've been assimilated.

Bueno Suerte!

Every Satellite/Cable company has its goods and its bads. I should know. I had cablevision for almost 10 years and never had any complaints about their service (but the fact that they did not have digital cable and were slow to do it so I left). I went to satellite and my first encounter with DirecTv had a lot to be desired (dropped them like a hot potato). My encounter with Dish Network (which I still have) has been an experienced in itself (up to this date I do not allow Dish Network to get into my premises or any of their installers). My voom experince you can read in this forum.

In a nutshell, all of them have good and all of them have bad. Be happy with what you got and go on. There is not much new to add to this thread. Thread is closed. Let's move on guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts