Voomer asks OTA tvGuide questions.

socalpanman

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 12, 2005
San Rafael CA
I come from the Voom box. Seemless incorporation of OTA locals because of course we had no LIL. Some clarification please.

So with Dish, when not subscribing to my local package, specifically on 811 and 942, can I still view my OTA local's info on the guides?

Will both receivers include all digital versions of my locals like they did with the Voom stb?

socalpanman said:
I come from the Voom box. Seemless incorporation of OTA locals because of course we had no LIL. Some clarification please.

So with Dish, when not subscribing to my local package, specifically on 811 and 942, can I still view my OTA local's info on the guides?

Will both receivers include all digital versions of my locals like they did with the Voom stb?
From one voOmer to another...

I sub to just the HD channels with Dish (no local package) and still get the OTA's through the voOm-installed antenna. Had Dish installed on Sunday -- got the 811. Until last night the PG just listed the local info as "local digital". Now it gives me the programming info just like the Voom did, but only for six of the seven networks. One, PBS, still just says "local digital".

Don't know about two receivers. Only have one.

If your locals are on any bird except 6.15 and 110/119 you have to be able to "See" that orbital slot to get guide data... and if dish doesnt carry that local (upn for me) it will always say local digital... Dish apparently doesnt believe in reading PSIP data.

Also with the 942, 921 you have to subscribe to teh locals to get the guide data.

As a former Voomer, I'm quite content with DISH. I sub'ed under the DHA plan so get locals as part of the package. The OTA channels do populate the guide with a couple of exceptions (Digital Service shown) which is being worked on by DISH. I also get OTA stations from a neighboring DMA and the guide does populate for those as well. As indicated above, everyone indicates you need the locals as part of your package to see the guide data, but it would not preclude you from receiving the broadcasts if you can pick up the station OTA.

Doug

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)