Vooming in Central Illinois (Peoria/Bloomington Area)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HeavyC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 20, 2004
I'm installing on May 7th. Anyone else installed VOOM in this area? I'm curious about OTA reception.

i got installed on the 27th outside of peoria. hope yours isn't an all day event. he had 2 more installs in bloomington after he left here at 7:15pm. ota seems to be much better. i get decatur, springfield, of course peoria[except 19].

I am going to try this out for a couple of months

I am just not sure i will keep it. I don't see that they get the WB station. That is a channel that i watch alot.

We will see

From Peoria

Expecting a June 1 install. Hope all goes well. I have my own OTA antenna so that should ease the process. Also, I'm wired inside my home and will need coax only from the dish to a box on the side of the house.

I have a Sony 60" LCD tv that I really like. I'm giving up D*

thefiler

Well, I'm out in Metamora as I said in my first post. After my final service call today, I'm now getting all of the locals ABC (peoria), CBS(peoria), NBC(peoria), FO:mad:bloomington), UPN(peoria), PBS(peoria). I'm getting them all using the Stealth Antenna.

Don't let any of the isntallers BS you into saying you can't get them unless you have some sort of huge obstacle in the way. I'm practically pointing at my neighbors house, and I'm still getting them all. Good luck everyone.

local Peoria stations

The color and clarity of local stations are terrible. The VOOM installer said my antenna was better than VOOM's. He said to purchase an in house HD antenna. Should I? I live in Dunlap area.

Also, did anyone record the Obama speech at the DNC last night.as covered by VOOM Channel 999? My Son was in a face-in-the-crowd- shot and I would like to have a copy.

Have you tried adjusting your TV at all? The local channels on my TV look OK, and the HD stuff looks very good.

I wouldn't go with an in-door antenna. I had horrible results out in Metamora trying several different kinds. Do you have the new scanning software yet? I'd like to compare the list of locals you are getting to the one's I am now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts