Vooming Questions

cleanerguy

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 18, 2004
Hello Voomers,

I have been watching and reading this site for months and a lot of you are very knowledgeable and thats a good thing.

So, I have a few questions.

I have a Sony 36HS500 which is an HD ready set. If any one has this let me know how your picture looks, say HBO SD to HBO HD?

If I end up going the Voom path, would the installers put the dish on a pole in the back yard. I believe I have a good line of sight. My yard faces all west and part of south is open. My neighbor up the street has Dish and the way that is facing if Voom is any where in that area I should have no problem.

I have 4 sets in this house and Adelphia with Digital and HBO, I was thinking of keeping just Basic Extended, drop Digital and HBO so that the TV's in the bedrooms can get the cable and put the VOOM on my Sony.

What kind of prices are you paying for such a package and what should I expect?

picture will blow you away.not just HBO but cmax,discovery,bravo,encore,some of the Voom special stuff..now just because your neighbor points to dish dosnt mean this will be ok or not this is the dish 61.5 area..it's pretty high up elevation and you can go on the dish website to check the location for your area..usually about 50 deg diff then the regular sats

cleanerguy said:
Hello Voomers,

I have been watching and reading this site for months and a lot of you are very knowledgeable and thats a good thing.

So, I have a few questions.

I have a Sony 36HS500 which is an HD ready set. If any one has this let me know how your picture looks, say HBO SD to HBO HD?

If I end up going the Voom path, would the installers put the dish on a pole in the back yard. I believe I have a good line of sight. My yard faces all west and part of south is open. My neighbor up the street has Dish and the way that is facing if Voom is any where in that area I should have no problem.

I have 4 sets in this house and Adelphia with Digital and HBO, I was thinking of keeping just Basic Extended, drop Digital and HBO so that the TV's in the bedrooms can get the cable and put the VOOM on my Sony.

What kind of prices are you paying for such a package and what should I expect?

HD Ready=Incredibe Voom picture.
Yard facing West could=Problem. What's your location? Voom is very Easterly.
Pricing: $9.50/box + $5 per each additional box. $39.90 for Basic Voom, $79.90 for VaVaVoom, $14.90 for each Plus Pack if you don't get VaVaVoom and $14.90 for PlayboyHotHD.

I had a local cable HD service for about a month before I switched to Voom. All I can say its been great having 30+ HD channels and also the SD channels look better. I cannot believe I wasted money going with my local cable company, but I guess you live and learn.

Also since Voom is leasing their equipment like a local cable company with no contract, its worth a try. I think you will not be disappointed either.