VOOMllc.com down (Message: check back later..)

The battle over the web sites is not important in the big scheme of things. It is what the board room does... With all the new developments in the boardroom it will be very interesting to watch. These two web sites might never come back up, but they are not important, only the voom.com one is.

Yes, unfortunately voom.com is devaluing what is left. I am sure that there are many potential subs who went to voom.com and said, "hmm, good thing I did not sign up", and will then proceed to the E* or D* sites. Not many people would think, "hey, let me go see if voomllc.com is taking customers".

It certainly makes little sense not to bring the voom.com site back up if, as the latest filing indicates, negotiations are continuing in good faith.

VoomLLC and NewVoom are still stating to check back later, and yes Voom.com still says their closing down. We can speculate on what's going on with the new site but,
when it comes to voom.com I'll bet anyone that little jimmy when in behind the webmaster and changed the password so that no one could update the site

I would like to see everybody's opinions as to why the new sites are down right now. My hope is that they are updating the site and will launch a fully operational page with the same or better functionality as voom.com had.

On the other hand, maybe there is a legal reason why the new sites aren't displaying any content right now. Since Voom is still owned by Cablevision and they plan to shut Voom down ASAP, maybe Cablevision isn't allowing the new company, Voom HD LLC. to advertise that Voom is still operational? Any lawyers on this board?

I do have a legal question, what are the ramifications for Charles replacing the board members that he did last night? I know his class B shares give him the power to do this, but if his reason for doing this is primarily to facilitate the sale of Voom assets to Voom HD LLC. it seems to me that he could get into hot water.

Personally, I wish Charles would replace all of the members of the board with the most pro-Voom members on this forum and vote to sell Cablevision and use all of the money to:
1) Get the DVR out ASAP and offer it with an attractive price
2) Speed up the purchase of the new satellites if that is even possible.
3) Give every current subscriber several months free for being loyal to Voom
4) Give a free month or two to all of the Voom Doom crowd just so they can experience how much better Voom is than their current provider...

:D

Even if they offer it for free, they will still have very unhappy subscribers if the installers screw up, don't show, the receiver box locks up etc.

If they did not have the permission of CVC to operate the web site using the CVC owned trademarks, they probably got a cease and desist letter. The web sites are not important, what is important is the new board and how they are going to vote on Monday.

VOOM.COM Down and http://www.voomllc.com/ DOWN what do u want us to belive!!!!!!! An Email and a snail letter from the guys that are banking all the money we are sending them are not saying a word to us SUBS...

My wifes company she worked for had been brought out and the company did not even say anything But there was a lot of rumorers running around then it showed up in the WSJ that the bigger company had brought company that my wife had worked for and then they kept saying nothing was going to change for 4 months then one day she went to work and the doors where locked!!!!! and u are tell me not to worry The SOBS that is taking our money and give us a line and worst HD picture since the updates need to let us know what is happen!!!!!!

Dog6869 said:
VOOM.COM Down and http://www.voomllc.com/ DOWN what do u want us to belive!!!!!!! An Email and a snail letter from the guys that are banking all the money we are sending them are not saying a word to us SUBS...

My wifes company she worked for had been brought out and the company did not even say anything But there was a lot of rumorers running around then it showed up in the WSJ that the bigger company had brought company that my wife had worked for and then they kept saying nothing was going to change for 4 months then one day she went to work and the doors where locked!!!!! and u are tell me not to worry The SOBS that is taking our money and give us a line and worst HD picture since the updates need to let us know what is happen!!!!!!

You have service. (By the way, nothing has changed in quality here in LA since the "upgrade.") You still have your equipment. Their side of the situation is still unsettled. What do want them to do, hourly phone calls? Agree the web site voom.com has been misused.

If the webmaster had only posted the announcement better yet a scrolling with an ongoing play-by-play in the top banner section, disabling any links to sales and the like and left all else as is, that would to me have been better treatment towards us current subs.

socalpanman said:
You have service.

Socalpanman, if you look at the posts of Dog6869 you will see he's always posting this way. Just ignore.....

We really need a 'Don't feed the trolls' sign here!!! :D

If you look in the Another SEC Filling thread..some questions are answered if the leter is to believed. It make since that both sites are currently blocked.

kex63 said:
If you look in the Another SEC Filling thread..some questions are answered if the leter is to believed. It make since that both sites are currently blocked.

I would think one of the stipulations of the agreement to give Chuck more time was that they take down the VoomLLC web site to stop confusion. Plus, if the deal ultimately falls through, CV wouldn't want Chuck to sign up 5,000 more customers between now and Monday. It's a gesture of good will.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)