Vote For Dish....

"The TR-50 also sports a 7-day electronic program guide (using over-the-air metadata on the digital band)"

I KNEW they were ripping me off when they told me there was no way to get program guide data unless I paid for locals through the satellite!

"The TR-50 also sports a 7-day electronic program guide (using over-the-air metadata on the digital band)"

I KNEW they were ripping me off when they told me there was no way to get program guide data unless I paid for locals through the satellite!

Yeah, it upsets me to no end that I have to pay $5 extra to get the guide data for OTA channels. :mad:

No vote from me, ota is dying fast and its a waste to make this as all the services are spreading across the country so fast.

Yeah, it upsets me to no end that I have to pay $5 extra to get the guide data for OTA channels. :mad:

The program guide info that you can receive OTA is spotty at best. Some stations put just the title of the show, some give full title and episode information, and some don't broadcast anything. Also, different receivers handle this information in different ways. A lot of them don't support it all anymore.

If the DVR relies on this, I wonder how well it will work in the real world?

It will never be dead in my home!
But the question is how much longer will it be around? OTA's been around for a long long time, if it wasnt for HD then it probably would be dying even faster though it could survive if all the stations we pay for now that are on dbs/cable/fios were transmitted ota, afterall most of them show commercials anyways and are just as censorsed as the four giants are now.

I think OTA will still be around for sometime.

I'm going to get me one or two of those TR50s as fast as I can. Hopefully this will influence DISH to drop their dvr per receiver because we can fees.

No vote from me, ota is dying fast and its a waste to make this as all the services are spreading across the country so fast.

There are MANY OTA local channels not available on Dish Network, DirecTV, CATV, FIOS or any other programming service. OTA will still be around for a very long time. Plus it offers the best HD quality since the signal is coming directly from the source.

Cant go by individual users on the thread here as a statement for the longevity and sustainability of ota. Remember this site is dedicated to those of us who are hobbyists and in many cases fanatics for television and all you have to do is look around at some threads or a picture gallery to see who has 4, 5, 6, 7, or more satellite dishes and service coming from E, D, cable, ota, and fios.

Drive through your neighborhood and look at how many antenna's you see then think back to 10 - 15 years ago. Anyone thats involved with installing for cable or satellite will also know the decline of ota use in the households across the country as an installer generaly gets into many rooms of a house including attics and on roofs.

Im not dipsuting that people use ota still but with cable and satellite and now fios offering way more channels than an antenna even many of the die hard hold outs and penny pinchers are on these services now.

Cant go by individual users on the thread here as a statement for the longevity and sustainability of ota. Remember this site is dedicated to those of us who are hobbyists and in many cases fanatics for television and all you have to do is look around at some threads or a picture gallery to see who has 4, 5, 6, 7, or more satellite dishes and service coming from E, D, cable, ota, and fios.

Drive through your neighborhood and look at how many antenna's you see then think back to 10 - 15 years ago. Anyone thats involved with installing for cable or satellite will also know the decline of ota use in the households across the country as an installer generaly gets into many rooms of a house including attics and on roofs.

Im not dipsuting that people use ota still but with cable and satellite and now fios offering way more channels than an antenna even many of the die hard hold outs and penny pinchers are on these services now.

Believe me OTA digital will be around for a very very long time. It just started.

I voted for it yesterday after recieving an e-mail from CNET pormpting me to go to the voting site. When I did, I saw the TR-50 there and voted for it.

I'm going to get me one or two of those TR50s as fast as I can. Hopefully this will influence DISH to drop their dvr per receiver because we can fees.

Do you really think Charlie is going to cut off his one hand to feed the other? There will be a fee for the DVR function, just low enough to make you not scream. Of course I will be happy to be proven wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts