VOTE NOW! SatelliteGuys Best of 2012 Award!

Which Product Do YOU think should win the SatelliteGuys Best of 2012 Award?

• DIRECTV GENIE SYSTEM (Submitted by Rey)

Votes: 55 16.8%
  • DISH HOPPER SYSTEM (Submitted by Schermann)

Votes: 146 44.6%
  • MICROHD TRUE FTA RECEIVER FROM SATELLITEAV (Submitted by EuroSport)

Votes: 79 24.2%
  • HOPPER AUTOHOP (Submitted by KYDave)

Votes: 23 7.0%
  • HOPPER PRIME TIME ANYTIME (Submitted by Bobby)

Votes: 20 6.1%
  • HOPPER OTA SUPPORT (Submitted by TheChaz05)

Votes: 4 1.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
bestof2.png

The members of SatelliteGuys have made their nominations, the SatelliteGuys Elders (our supporting Pub Members) have chosen the finalists and now it is up to YOU to pick the winner of the SatelliteGuys Best of 2012 Winner!

Any one of these selections could be the winners? Who will it be?!

Campaign for your favorite and encourage others to vote! You can even encourage others from other sites to come on over to SatelliteGuys and Rock The Vote!

Those SatelliteGuys members who selections were chosen as finalists will receive $25 Amazon.COM Gift Certificates! Plus 5 lucky voters will also be eligible to also WIN $25 Amazon.COM GIft Certificates as well! In addition the person who submitted the winning entry as chosen by you our members wins $100 as well!

The Finalists are as follows:

DIRECTV GENIE SYSTEM (Submitted by Rey)
DISH HOPPER SYSTEM (Submitted by Schermann)
HOPPER AUTOHOP (Submitted by KYDave)
HOPPER PRIME TIME ANYTIME (Submitted by Bobby)
HOPPER OTA SUPPORT (Submitted by TheChaz05)
MICROHD TRUE FTA RECEIVER FROM SATELLITEAV (Submitted by EuroSport)

It should be noted that the MICROHD FTA RECEIVER from SATELLITEAV came in 6th in voting by the members. We are including it as well as a special recognition of this ground breaking FTA receiver that was designed by and for SatelliteGuys members! Thanks to SatelliteAV for all their hard work on this project!

The Rules:

1) Limit One Vote Per Person
2) However up to 3 votes are allowed per IP address. (For those who have more then one member in their household)
3) SatelliteGuys reserves the right to disqualify votes for anyone caught trying to stuff the ballot box! If you want to stuff the box get others to join our community and vote for your choice!
4) Voting closes Sunday December 2nd.
5) Winner Announced December 5th.
6) All winners of prizes will be sent electronic gift cards from Amazon.COM, to send these certificates we require a valid email address.
7) Contest open to all members in the USA, Canada and Puerto Rico. Contest is also open to all staff except Scott & Eva Greczkowski who are the sole sponsors of this contest.
8) No purchase necessary / Void Where Prohibited by Law
8) Decision of the Judges in FINAL.

THANK YOU FOR HELPING US PICK THE SATELLITEGUYS BEST OF 2012 AWARD WINNER!

I already voted, but I still would like to put in my honorable mention of SCOTT, for all he does for us (and for the kids) and for putting on that Hopper suit. I don't care if he deems himself ineligible. :D

I already voted, but I still would like to put in my honorable mention of SCOTT, for all he does for us (and for the kids) and for putting on that Hopper suit. I don't care if he deems himself ineligible. :D

Same here wish they would have that in the category :)

Even if the Genie were equal, it would still lose due to the demographics of Satelliteguys.us.

Krell, I also disagree for two other reasons. First, the Genie is realitively new compared to the Hopper. I would bet there are more Dish subs with a Hopper than Directv subs with a Genie. That will obviously change in the coming months, but poll members here who have each company. I'd be willing to bet that I'm right on this one. Second, The Hopper had many innovative ideas. The Genie doesn't have PTAT, or a version of Auto-Hop. I heard back in the summer time (by I believe Scott) that the Genie has the capability to do both, but hasn't been activated as Directv is awaiting the results of the legality case in court right now between the networks and Dish. For the Genie, that means that people will view it as the asnwer to an innovative system, and not an original innovative system. Keep in mind that I say this as someone who knows nothing of the Genie. I haven't experienced it at all yet. So my observation is based solely on my knowledge of the development of both boxes, which is what I read around here for the last year.

I don't think its fair considering the amount of Dish Vs Directv subs on this site.

My point exactly. Scott wants to have a real, if not thrilling, contest. But even splitting out Hopper features from the Hopper proper, or inviting non-members from DirecTV to vote, isn't stopping the Hopper juggernaut.

Last edited:
Hey if the DIRECTV people dont CARE enough to vote for their product, that is not my fault. The Genie System has more of an opportunity to win here then the Hopper becuase the Hopper is so segmented by features to vote on.

If the Genie does not win then don't cry to me as I think they had a better chance to win then the Hopper did.

Again if DIRECTV customers do not care to vote then that speaks volumes of who the real winner should be.

As I said before people need to encourage others to get out the vote. :)

IMHO this is not a contest as much as a way of demonstrating to DTV that they need to have presence here like Dish does. It also shows the FTA crowd to be a small niche even compared to DTV. DTV needs to reconsider it's position on satellite forums and get with the program or be satisfied with second best.

Hey if the DIRECTV people dont CARE enough to vote for their product, that is not my fault. The Genie System has more of an opportunity to win here then the Hopper becuase the Hopper is so segmented by features to vote on.

If the Genie does not win then don't cry to me as I think they had a better chance to win then the Hopper did.

Again if DIRECTV customers do not care to vote then that speaks volumes of who the real winner should be.

As I said before people need to encourage others to get out the vote. :)
Your poll results are meaningless either way . The customers have spoken. Directv Almost 30 Million total customers and rising.
Dish Network 14 million and falling. This is the only result that matters. The people have spoken loud and clear!.

Your poll results are meaningless either way . The customers have spoken. Directv Almost 30 Million total customers and rising.
Dish Network 14 million and falling. This is the only result that matters. The people have spoken loud and clear!.

Curious, did you vote in the poll?

19.98 million as of September 30, 2012, straight from the horse's mouth.

this ain't the war zone folks.....

by the way i'm coming in at a very close 2nd place :p

Status
Not open for further replies.